Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigBearBurp

Doom 3-ROE question

okay, as you may know, doom 3 was ported to the Mac but Resurrection of Evil afaik, was
not....so......would there be any way to manually install and play this expansion pack?

thanks

JB

ps-Doom 3 is a great game, but where's the multichannel sound?

I have never used Doom 3 on Mac OS X, but I'd imagine that playing the expansion on a Macintosh would be very much like playing it under Linux. This may not work, but you can at least give this a shot:

Navigate to your Doom 3 directory, and within it create a directory called d3xp (if you're running the latest patched version, it may already be there). Insert your Resurrection of Evil CD, navigate through the Setup directory, navigate through the Data subdirectory, and go into the d3xp subdirectory on the CD. Copy all of that directory's contents to your Doom 3/d3xp folder. Go ahead and reinstall the latest patch from Aspyr just to be safe. Then, start up the Terminal (it's in your Utilities folder and is called Terminal.app), navigate to your Doom 3 directory, and type:

<name of Doom 3 executable here> +set fs_game d3xp

I don't know what Aspyr calls the installed version of Doom 3, but it's probably something like Doom3, or Doom 3.app, or somesuch. Just substitute that into the path provided, and you should be good to go. Let me know if this works. If it doesn't, I can probably help.