Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Stupid idea for a franchise, could it work? (gamers food)

After reading the imp chop suey, I though about this, a restaurant where all the food at the menu is named, and more or less presented, following something from a game, something like this (but more creative).

-Pacman pizza
-Cacodemon meat balls
-Barracuda filet
-Tacos with Xenomorph sauce
-Super Mario's spaghetti

And so on. Of course this would require a large inversion to make use of these names without legal problems.

Just a thought, in my country I know this would fail miserably, also don't have the money neither interest for this.

I'm sure the Pac-man pizza is served with one slice missing...

Just last night I came up with the revelation that I want to start a pizza parlor with arcade machines everywhere, with an early 80s theme to it.

/slightly off-topic

Danarchy said:

Just last night I came up with the revelation that I want to start a pizza parlor with arcade machines everywhere, with an early 80s theme to it.

/slightly off-topic

That would be pretty awesome. I'd eat there.

Danarchy said:

/slightly off-topic

Get on it, I'd eat there, bring girls there, etc.

Danarchy said:

/slightly off-topic

Sounds a bit like something out of the second Back to the Future movie.

Vegeta said:

Of course this would require a large inversion to make use of these names without legal problems.

Too bad. Because while Super Mario Mushroom and Turtle Spaghetti and Peach-With-A-Hole-In-It would be killer, people aren't going to buy into Super Narmio Truffle Linguini or Sornix the Porcupine Fox Pudding or Mortal Wombat Futality! Cobbler or DoomeD Nobleman of Hades Green Flambé.

Russell_P said:
Quakeshake

Heh, that one's pretty awesome. I can already imagine a cutout of the Quake guy holding out a Quakeshake in his left hand (the axe in his right, of course), with a Fiend drooling behind him.

http://www.blizzard.com/press/060401.shtml

Blizzard did an Aprils fools day joke one year with Burger Craft which featured a series of Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft themed menu items. Even though it was only a joke, I imagine it would be a cash cow franchise if they were opened in South Korea.

Danarchy said:

/slightly off-topic

My God.

Can I have the rights for the Australian chapter?

Where i'm at university, in Lincoln, there's a bar called Trebles 4 Singles where they have very plain orange and blue furniture and half the tables are actually those old "subbuteo-style" arcade games with space invaders, galaga etc on

deathbringer said:

half the tables are actually those old "subbuteo-style" arcade games with space invaders, galaga etc on

Oooh. Whenever I see those tables I have nostalgic flashbacks. Those used to be in every pizza parlor when I was a little kid. This Godfather's in Seattle still had some until the late 90s.