Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doom2day

Problems with an Acer brand monitor

The troublesome monitor is an Acer AL1916W LCD monitor. It's natural resolution is 1440x900. (Supposedly). However, this is the problem. My computer can support 1440x900 just fine. I have another monitor also with a natural resolution of 1440x900. My computer worked fine with it. However, when I try using the 1440x900 resolution on this monitor, the monitor thinks that it is on 1400x1050. There are bands on the top and bottom and the right portion of the screen is cut off. I tried installing drivers for it and that did no good.

The monitor has a DVI and a VGA port. Could it be that it isn't working because I'm using the VGA port or is something wrong with the monitor?

Thank you for your time.

I would recommend using the plug and play driver with the monitor.

Have a look in your monitor settings and untick the 'Hide modes...' option below:

Click OK and see if you can set the resolution to 1440x900.

I have that exact monitor that i use on one of my comps specificly for tv and watching dvds since its widescreen and i use the defualt plug and play thru dvi and havent had a problem yet. and it does 1440x900 but you have to set it if you introduced it to your previous settings with the oher monitor. just re-set it to 1440x900 even if its there and click apply (maybe set it to something else temporarily so you can get the apply button to accept the new "same" change) and re-boot and it should take. this is if its the problem your having..

You may have to modify the inf file and add the resolution. If that doesn't work, return the monitor.

This monitor has been used on an older computer for about a year now that didn't support the natural resolution (1440x900). I don't think that it is possible to return it now...
I officially have a monitor with no natural resolution...