Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EvilMonk TLG

Boss wad

Hi there,

Yea im makin a wad for zdaemon called the boss wad (Still thinking of a better name). My idea for this wad is to replace all the monsters with bosses (or just sprite replacements and making them stronger and faster.)
But my problem is, is that im not good at makin maps, thats why im askin anybody right now to help build maps for this wad, which there all goin to be boss maps.
Right now all i have is 9 levels of the same level with a Different boss in each one ( the levels are from the map from doom episode 3 level 8 when u fight the mastermind.)

this is where it is located right now:
http://www.fathax.com/wadhost/
boss.zip

please anybody let me know if you are interested in helping me

Thanks

EvilMonk TLG said:

Hi there,

Yea im makin a wad for zdaemon called the boss wad (Still thinking of a better name). My idea for this wad is to replace all the monsters with bosses (or just sprite replacements and making them stronger and faster.)
But my problem is, is that im not good at makin maps, thats why im askin anybody right now to help build maps for this wad, which there all goin to be boss maps.
Right now all i have is 9 levels of the same level with a Different boss in each one ( the levels are from the map from doom episode 3 level 8 when u fight the mastermind.)

this is where it is located right now:
http://www.fathax.com/wadhost/
boss.zip

please anybody let me know if you are interested in helping me

Thanks

I'm afraid to say it man, but nobody is going to make maps for you around here. What you can do is take screenshots of any of the maps you've made for this wad and post them on the forum, that way we can offer you advice on how to improve the map, as well as your mapping skills.

Also, what did you mean when you said the 9 levels are from E3M8? Do you mean that the maps are all modified or unmodified versions of that particular level? If so, you might want to start by changing that, as that is typically frowned upon in this community.

The maps i have on there were just maps that were modified so i can test the monsters in they were never really goin to be in the wad.
But ok ill try to make my own maps but I just have one question, is it possible to make a level end after you beat a certain monster, like for instance as soon as u defeat a boss in a big room is it possible to have a door open where the exit is, as soon as the monster dies. if so can you tell me, or if theres any other way? :)

EvilMonk TLG said:

The maps i have on there were just maps that were modified so i can test the monsters in they were never really goin to be in the wad.
But ok ill try to make my own maps but I just have one question, is it possible to make a level end after you beat a certain monster, like for instance as soon as u defeat a boss in a big room is it possible to have a door open where the exit is, as soon as the monster dies. if so can you tell me, or if theres any other way? :)

You need zdoom to do that, although you can do something similiar with the commander keens, mancubus, or arachnotron.