Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Other Doomer's who went AWAL

Ed said:

Sir Robin, Captain Mellow, Ola Björling, Aardappel, Covaro, Ricrob, Teppic, Wisp, Orkface, Chrozoron, JJ, Nark

I've seen several of those guys around this past year. Sir Robin, Teppic, and Chroz have been found in the #Zdoom IRC chat. Covaro has posted a few comments on the DW news. Ola is as I said previously.. around. Aardappel isn't in the community anymore per se. But he's running his Sauerbraten game community, and there you can find other doomers like Kurt Kesler for instance.

Ed said:

and just about everybody actively involved in the Doomworld community around the time of it's conception

I'm Still here. :p As is many others.

leileilol said:

repercussions

since that stupid fanfic everyone in doom that knows him and that has been sucking his cock when they get the chance hey i'd leave too if i had so much brownnosery.

That isn't the reason.

I'm just glad that CheapAlert guy is gone, he was a fucking douche

Yeah, that's not the reason at all. He left the community like 1-2 years before that fic was popular. I don't even know if he knows it's a meme.

His reasons for leaving were actually more dumb than that...

Danarchy said:
His reasons for leaving were actually more dumb than that...

Don't tell me... he fell in love with Katarhyne, and then, after the disappointment, with Nanami!

Bloodskull said:

With all the Doomer's this year that have died(R.I.P Toke, Rex, Amaster)...

Yessiree Bob, Ah has daaaid and gone to the promised land. Hallelooyah! But seriously, folks. As Enjay pointed out, in the words of the inimitable Mark Twain, the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I'm on a much-needed vacation, and ought to be back in the saddle forthwith. In other words, I should be able to get back to DooMing right quick.

Hmm...
I guess I will add to this list.
Magikal (He died a few years ago by an accient or suicide, nobody really knows. He was quite cool in my opinion. If I remember correctly, it was some months after community chest 1 was done, he made map06 and map29 in that wad)
Silverwyern (what happened with her?)
Spike and VampireJay (however I have seen Spike a few times, but it has been a long time since I saw him last time)

Edit:
How could I forgot. The danes!
Littlefaith and Christian Hansen.

So no-one has seen my recent posts at ZDoom, GZDoom and Korax Heritage I see...

Larzuk said:

I was wondering where he was. His last update on his doom page was in 2006 about his new hexen mod he was making.

And it's still being worked on, albeit slowly due to RL and other stuff. In fact quite a bit recently, including a conversion to GZDoom. While my gaming interests do lie mainly elsewhere these days, I still play from time to time. (as recently as the new year with CC3, -fast ftw)

Searcher said:

You're right. He was around for those. Maybe I was having a bit to much Christmas cheer or something and spaced it out. Good to know he is still around gaming. Thanks for the reminder.

5½ years is a lot of time to space out :P (I officially vanished in the summer of 2006)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

So no-one has seen my recent posts at ZDoom, GZDoom and Korax Heritage I see...

What, you mean there's Doom community activity outside of Doomworld? :o

EarthQuake said:

Job.

Last time I talked to him a few months ago he said he was just really busy with college and had no freetime to himself. Pretty understandable as I think he was taking up architect or something very similiar to that subject.

Torn said:

Hmm...
Edit:
How could I forgot. The danes!
Littlefaith and Christian Hansen.

Little Faith lurks all of the time, he just rarely bothers to log in. (He also spends waaay too much time in 4chan).

Magikal met his tragic end in a car accident. Too bad, i think there were still a few great maps left in him.

Little Faith said:

Little Faith lurks all of the time, he just rarely bothers to log in. (He also spends waaay too much time in 4chan).

Magikal met his tragic end in a car accident. Too bad, i think there were still a few great maps left in him.

Well, of course I notice if the few danish doomer disappears. :P

Yeah, I miss magikal too.

I think it's better when people don't know whether there's a moderator watching or not.

Panopticon and all that jazz.

Little White Mouse,
who was more like in ZDoom community. But that's close enough.

ellmo said:

Little White Mouse,
who was more like in ZDoom community. But that's close enough.

Well, yeah I've seen her (I believe it's a she) in the ZDoom forums fairly recently.

BoldEnglishman said:
...Erik? I've never even seen him at all, and although I haven't been here for long... (my emphasis)

I saw Erik today.

One day, I will set off to find everyone who has disappeared without a trace.

It will be a long journey filled with hardship but in the end I will find my way.

Then we will all have a party. :D