Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

My Latest Project - WolfenDoomed

I'm working on a Wolfenstein Themed wad which will contain 11 remakes of original Doom/Doom2 levels using only Doom2's Wolfenstein textures. If you've played MAP31 and MAP32 or even E4M9 of 2002ADO well thats what you can expect. Just pure Wolfenstein, lotsa Nazis.

I uploaded some screenshots to WIP 2 weeks ago but I have figured that WIP has been inactive for over a month so obviously this wad is likely to be released before WIP next updates. So I have uploaded the screenshots to my WOS site.

SCREENSHOTS

http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/wolfen1.png
http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/wolfen2.png
http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/wolfen3.png

COMPLETED

Map01: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E1M1: Hangar
Map02: Wolfenstein remake of Doom2 MAP01: Entryway
Map03: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E3M1: Hell Keep
Map04: Wolfenstein remake of TNT Evilution MAP01: System Control
Map05: Wolfenstein remake of Doom2 MAP04: The Focus
Map06: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E1M2: Nuclear Plant
Map07: Wolfenstein remake of Doom2 MAP07: Dead Simple
Map08: Wolfenstein remake of Doom2 MAP02: Underhalls
Map09: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E2M3: Refinery
Map10: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E2M7: Spawning Vats
Map11: Wolfenstein remake of Doom E2M8: Tower of Babel

All maps are designed to be played from a Pistol Start and have been full tested. For experienced players its fairly easy but less experienced players might find the Nazi firepower a bit too much to handle. There is plenty of health scattered throughout thoughout you'll need every Medikit and Stimpack. Also Demons and Spectres are used throughout along with Cacos, Hellknights, Barons, Mancubi, Arachnotrons, a Spider Mastermind, an Arch Vile and the final Cyberdemon. There is a secret DopeDog hidden in one of the levels, can you find him?

Sound cool, but maybe you should place some other enemies than nazis : it's the fact in map31, 32 and E4M9 from 2002ado.wad :)

Edit : and make some secrets areas wich are Doom reminded, why not ?

No there are not just Nazis. You get Demons and Spectres scattered throughout all maps, like in Doom2 MAP31. In MAP03 there are a few Cacos, in MAP07 the usual Mancubus and Arachnotron Fight with a Spider Mastermind in the end. There will also be of course a Cyberdemon in the final map.

Even though most of the secrets are the same as the original maps there are also a few new secret areas thrown in.

Also the screenshots are at WIP - http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=1020

I've uploaded this wad. All levels are complete and tested.

Haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm gonna ask what I should have done when you only posted the screenshots, question being similar to what I asked ellmo in another thread.

Why haven't you done this project for Wolfenstein 3d?

printz said:

Why haven't you done this project for Wolfenstein 3d?

Because I don't have it and don't know how to edit levels for it.

When I read the description and saw the shots I wasn't quite sure what you meant but now I've played it, I get it. It's a reallt interesting idea, well carried out and fun to play.

You know I just had a bit of fun making something a bit different. I should have put in the Zombie replacment sprites but that means I've got to rearrange all the monsters around, delete health and ammo, rearrange all the items. But if I make a Wolfendoomed 2, it will be all new levels, music, sprites and textures. Its unlikely to happen since I made Wolfendoomed over the christmas break and I'm much more busier with other things in life. BTW next month it will be 10 years since the original twzone.wad was finished. If you didn't like Wolfendoomed I advise you should eat some Imp Chop Suey, yumm!.

But anyway for over a year me and Nebula_Kristian have been working on this project named Whispers of Satan ( geocities.com/whispersofsatan ) which is a 32 level megawad Boom Compatible. I must say its looking quite good and is up there with AV, Scythe, etc.

nice set of levels. it's a bit easy on UV though. still gotta play the last two, but you got my props.

im really looking forward to your megawad whispers of satan. it looks really nice, reminds me a little of AV and Ksutra. and i like how you are using mostly stock textures, and using them well. brings a classic feel along with it. when do you expect it to be done?

I've played the majority of these levels, and have quite enjoyed them. The Wolf restrictions obviously limit things somewhat, but this is a novel concept that was worth doing once, at least.

maybe you should take up Laz Rojas' job and make wolfenstien TC's.I'm not sure but I thought that I read something about him retiring from wad making.