Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wildman

Base One WIP

Wow, it has been a long, long time since I visited. Time flies. :)

I was recently asked if I wanted to work on a project, but I had to decline since I haven't loaded my level editor in years and I have only spotty internet access at the moment. It got me thinking though if I could still edit so I d/l'ed the new Edge release and fired up WadAuthor (yes I am old skool) and gave it a shot. Here are some shots of my WIP, Base One. It is amazing I still know how to edit a Doom map. :)

http://www.file-pasta.com/file/1199586075.9375_shot03.png

http://www.file-pasta.com/file/1199586057.625_shot02.png

http://www.file-pasta.com/file/1199586036.2344_shot01.png

Rick "Wildman" Clark

Wildman said:

WadAuthor

Yes! A highly underrated though great map editor.

Wildman said:

It is amazing I still know how to edit a Doom map. :)

Tis' like riding a bike.
Nice screenshots. Very nice. Atmosphere of my choice.

Rick "Wildman" Clark

I'm Rick James, bitch :]

YMB said:

Yes! A highly underrated though great map editor.

Nonsense, it used to be the editor of choice for most level designers, until Doombuilder came a long and outperformed it.

Doombuilder does look like a great package. When I get some time I need to get with the program and learn how to use it.

Right now I am in transition moving to Austin (TX, USA) but when I get settled and get a full time internet connection I hope to get back to the Doom scene again. I forgot how much fun (classic) Doom can be, even though it is an old timer like me. :)

kristus said:

Nonsense, it used to be the editor of choice for most level designers, until Doombuilder came a long and outperformed it.

Ay, agreed.

Lookin' good there wildman. Is this port specific?

Mike.Reiner said:

Ay, agreed.

Lookin' good there wildman. Is this port specific?

Yes, I am using the current Edge release. I wanted to see how the port was progressing and I thought I would try and make a 3D-ish map. I am not using any fancy RTS/DDF stuff though since I am not up to speed on it. This will be a fairly standard shoot/switch/key map with some 3D stuff thrown in. Just a little map to get my brain working again. :)

Aha! That blue crosshair made me think it was EDGE. I'm quite impressed with the latest EDGE beta.

I'm interested to see how this map turns out.

Just a quick update: I have finished the map layout and I am working on the thing placement now. I should have a test version in the next few days and hopefully a final version shortly after.

I have a test version ready. You can grab the zip here:

http://www.file-pasta.com/file/1200276932.3584_baseone.zip

Any feedback is appreciated before I make a final release. As I said in my first post, it has been years since I made a map. You will need the current gledge beta release. Be sure to read the txt file for some particulars.

I am currently on a borrowed internet connection (I am in the process of moving and won't have a full connection until the end of the month) so it may take me a few days to respond.

Thanks for the help!

Hello, Rick. You may remember me from the early days of ZDooM when I kept pestering you with questions, particularly after you published your Editing Tutorials. Welcome back.

Rex "Gurkha Boy" Claussen

ReX said:

Hello, Rick. You may remember me from the early days of ZDooM when I kept pestering you with questions, particularly after you published your Editing Tutorials. Welcome back.

Rex "Gurkha Boy" Claussen

I sure do. Nice to hear from you. I hope things are well. Thanks for the welcome!