Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
leileilol

Make it stop

I don't get what there is to stop... was Soul Calibur ever developed independently? I have a copy of SC2 and it says Namco on it.

I like Soul Calibur, but I fucking love Darth Vader. Ruined? Not by any means. Like they said in the article, if Link and Spawn are fair game, Vader and Yoda aren't even mentionable.

The only thing I can possibly foresee is that they'll run out of lightsaber variations for the arcade mode.

Lüt said:

Well, at least the models certainly look good, especially Yoda.

True enough. And that last game had Link and Spawn, so I don't see what the big fuss is. I've never been a big fan of fighting games though, and wasn't planing on getting this, though, so maybe my opinion is worthless in this case.

Oh no the whole game is ruined!!!!!!

I thought this might be a good game with a great 3d fighting system, but yoda and darth vader have all but ruined it all for me. fuck you namco you sellouts!!!!

I don't see the problem here. In fact, I'm going to go there and say it was the tie-ins that made SC2 the best and most balanced fighter to date.

"Make it stop" (along with "it hurts") is the one thing I remember most vividly from Quake 2.

myk said:

"Make it stop" (along with "it hurts") is the one thing I remember most vividly from Quake 2.

"Kill me Noooow"

Coopersville said:

most balanced

not by a long shot, though they were cool at least

anyway i'm not seeing the problem here, the series has always been geared toward casual players so there's plenty of room for random "what if's" to mess around with while there's whole stacks of more serious or competitive games to fall back on either way if that's your thing

myk said:

That was my favorite part of the game when I first got there. I remember my mom was like "OMG that's horrible, put them out of their misery!" So I did.

myk said:

I don't remember that much as "AGHGHHGHGHAHRHGGHUGHUGHUGH"

The only problem I see.. is that Both Yoda and Vader are from the same franchise. I liked the Idea that Soul Caliber 3 had a unique character from different franchises for each system (PS2's some fighting guy being the lamest). One character from Star Wars is probably enough... I'd like to see a Yoda/Vader and some other characters... I'm sure Nintendo will dictate Link or one of their own characters to add... but I'd like to see another franchise incorporated.

What about someone like Miho from the Sin City stories? That could be interesting.

myk said:

That's exactly what I remember the most vividly, coming from myself, when I played the Doom 3 demo.

Eww it looks like a crappy costume with the helmet cut and pasted on top.

Heh, the arm and the cape on the right look like they're melded together. It does look pretty retarded overall, but maybe in action this isn't so evident.

This reminds me of when I made my player skin Darth Vader in the first Jedi Knight (not Dark Forces though). I thought "oh wow that's pretty neat" only to start with a pistol and one hand on the ACTUAL model without a glove.

I think the thing that makes it look ugly is that the colour is off a bit and he looks kind of... brown. It's also the bright light shining in the background that make the head look smaller. It's a reasonably faithful recreation if you compare it this or this. Vader just isn't suited to luminescent environments, heh.

I can't help but wonder why LucasArts dont just use the Soul Calibur engine and make a proper Star Wars beat-em-up game of it, with all the characters. How fantastic would that be?