Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Pain Elemental corpse death?

I'm wondering if there's anywhere where there's a decent animation of a pain elemental collapsing into a bloody heap (like the Cacodemon), rather than exploding. I believe there was one in All Hell Is Breaking Loose, or something rather early partial conversion like that, but it wasn't very good (the corpse ended up obscuring everything in front of the player because it was too high, and quite raised off the ground, IIRC).

All help is appreciated, except "DIY". :P I've already taken that into consideration. But since I can't draw terribly well from scratch, editing the frames did look a little complex for me, with the fairly little experience I have. So if there aren't any good ones around, or if I decide I can't do it as good as I'd like, I'm sure a talented artist somewhere will eventually make one. I can wait. :P

Graf Zahl said:

Cold As Hell has some sprites for that.

IIRC it only has a couple and the last one could certainly be smaller - in fact it doesn't even really look like it is meant to be the last one, but it could be a good place to start working on some decent ones.

Graf Zahl said:

Cold As Hell has some sprites for that.

Ah, those were the ones I was thinking of...and I didn't really like them that much, they're not very smooth.

BJ Blazkowicz said:

Last time I messed with that, things were a bit uneven. I don't recall if it's possible to leave a corpse in vanilla Doom. Is it?

It's only capable of leaving a crushed corpse, but with a simple dehacked patch it should be perfectly possible otherwise.

I'm not necessarily restricted to just Vanilla Doom, so I only need some sprites. Doesn't matter how many. :)