Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

tech junkies

well i have never gotten so much sit before. last night i noticed that some of my nieghboors were throwing away monitors. so i come back and ask if they have any other computer stuffr they dont want. damn i din't think i would get this much stuff! i bought it all for 60, very good price, so i am happy. Now i got 3 monitors, contless mainboards and CPU's, a full unix server, and a ton of other stuff. i plan on returning next payday for more, mostly software

companies throw stuff out all the time. I know a freind who retrieved four old 486s out of a skip and used the parts, along with about a dozen (admittedly old, but functional) monitors...

Hah, I worked at a university a while back, in the computer dept. You ought to see the piles and piles of crap I have in my basement from there :)

... and then you have those of us who couldn't throw anything away if our lives depended on it. I had an ancient Tandy 186 just sitting there for five years after we got our first Windows machine. It sat there so long that the data on the hard drive eroded to nothing. We finally sold it to the prison system for a pittance. :)

... and then you have those of us who couldn't throw anything away if our lives depended on it. I had an ancient Tandy 186 just sitting there for five years after we got our first Windows machine. It sat there so long that the data on the hard drive eroded to nothing. We finally sold it to the prison system for a pittance. :)

ROFL
I've got enough old crap in my house to start a refuse tip. I mean, I somehow manage to keep old sweet wrappers and stones and shit laying around, for fuck's sake.

I'm gonna start collecting my used condoms, when I hit 365 I'll melt them, form them into a tire, and call it a Goodyear.

I'm gonna start collecting my used condoms, when I hit 365 I'll melt them, form them into a tire, and call it a Goodyear.

LMAO. 365? And exactly how long will that take? ;)

LMAO. 365? And exactly how long will that take? ;)

damn, thinking about it 60 years realy is a long time.