Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheAdmantArchvile

Weird Error

I just found this weird error where instead of posting in Everything Else or in a Blog, TheAdmantArchvile posted in Doom General about something unrelated to the games. Has this happened to anyone else?

It contains the string "doom" (...eting warped back to the doomworld foru...) so it's somewhat related to Doom, in general :P

What did you click to go to the "Atomic Gamer" (whatever that could be), TAA?

This happens to me quite frequently when viewing forum threads. I have to hit back and then click the link again. It always goes to that particular website. Perhaps it has something to do with ad-blocking? Though this should have been posted in the appropriate forum, as others have said.

Oh yeah this has been happening to me fairly commonly ever since the popups returned. That and the 404 whenever I click a page number instead of the thread itself off of my subscribed threads list.

Never happens to me, never happened and I'm using Opera, good or bad. A description above, Reckoner's, reminds of intended ad pages having a "Click to continue..." header hyperlink and where the back and forward technique works fine, even though it's not required.

Is this thing that's happening quite different from that?

This happens often to me too. Maybe every other 4th or 5th time I visit the boards. I even went through all the javascript and tried to block everything, but it still happens. Seems completely random, except that when it happens, if I've opened a few links, several may have the issue.

Happens to me quite often, actually (AtomicGamer, Access Forbidden). I suppose Bloodshedder explained it.

Another buggy thing: clicking on the profile name of a Moderator or Admin will copy the HTML tags <B> and <I> into the link and bring me to doomworld's 404 error page.

Another, which I perceive as sort-of an easter egg thingie: doomworld.com/~thisuserdoesntexist. After clicking one of the appearing links, the first post is from someone in my ignore list, which should be empty.

Accounts that get deleted have all their posts set to a userid of 0. If you specify a non-existent user after the ~, it manages to find all the threads in blogs started by people whose accounts have been deleted. Posts by people whose accounts have been deleted are automatically ignored.

Bloodshedder said:

Something is causing 403 (forbidden) errors, which takes you to AtomicGamer's (formerly Telefragged) 403 error page.

Happens to me also (Firefox 2/Linux), but only when I try to load a bunch of threads at once, e.g. when rebooting after a crash.  If I do it slowly, waiting until one thread loads completely before clicking on another, the problem goes away.  Also, when I reload the AtomicGamer tab immediately, the thread appears, but if I instead close the tab and reopen it (using the "recently closed tabs" list in Firefox), it forgets about the Doomworld URL and I have to go find it again.

Never had this problem to date. I've been visiting fairly frequently in the last month and it hasn't happened once o.O

I get this error as well, and it seems rather random. Haven't had many problems with it lately, but certain days it happens every other time I click on a thread. It happens in both an updated firefox and IE 6. And now I seem to be getting a lovely "cloverfield" ad that shakes around on every new page, making it rather annoying to hit the X. I wonder how advertisers think. "If we annoy people enough, they're bound to go see our movie!" The logic seems to fail. Maybe I should try this opera I've been hearing about.

Well, quick comment. I switched to Opera and I haven't gotten the redirecting to atomicgames bug on doomworld since. I still prefer firefox most of the time, but opera seems to be pretty decent in it's own right.

I think some of you are delusional, because I'm pretty sure this is not a browser/client problem. It may have something to do with the rewrite of the forums to support thread titles in the URLs, among other things. (It also broke the avatar selector page)

Maybe it's just gremlins, but I do notice that, if I quickly open links in multiple tabs in Firefox from, say, the view new posts page (by right-clicking links and pressing T before the pages get a chance to load), most of them send me to the error page at atomicgames (I'd have to wait until the word "Doomworld Forums" appears on the tab before opening another link in a new tab to prevent this). Weirder still, it hasn't happened to me at school yet, just at home. I tried it several times in over a week, now. Weird, weird.