Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

new kreed shots

Four new screenshots from Kreed: The World Beyond have been released today:

http://gallery.dailytelefrag.com/Action/image.php?game=Kreed&img=Kreed-1007738221.JPG

http://gallery.dailytelefrag.com/Action/image.php?game=Kreed&img=Kreed-1007738233.JPG

http://www.3dgamer.ru/screenshots/big_shot.shtml?kreed/kreed_1/kreed_1b.jpg

http://www.3dgamer.ru/screenshots/big_shot.shtml?kreed/kreed_1/kreed_2b.jpg

Impressions, comments are welcome.

Personally, I don't think it stands a chance against the DOOM engine in any shape or form...

We'll just have to wait and see...

Actually, those screens don't impress me very much. The textures and detail level are nice, sure, but those maps look cheap. Lighting and shading is poor, architecture is merely plain, and there's nothing such as creativity over it.

I don´t expect anything comparable to the Doom3 engine in the next 1 1/2 years.

This Kreed game could maybe be compared with Unreal2, it seems to support high poly counts, but the textures are obviously a bit low-res.

The weapons look pretty cool :)

BTW, Dima, do you know anything about the storyline, characters, monsters etc. of Kreed? It seems to be a futuristic setting, another alien story, or something new? any infos? Or does it focus on Multiplayer? There are some models shown that seem to be other players.

mmm high polycounts,do it have real-time lighting?i heard it don't.besides increasing the number of polycounts,i want to know what is the other feauture of this X-tend engine.
how about particle system,physics?and it looks similar to UNREAL.and how about the gameplay?storyline?

It does have real time lighting. In fact, Unreal 2's able to pull out more triangles per second than DooM because of the huge difference between lightmapping, wich is just a simple texture pass more, and photon scanning, a pain in the ass for virtually any card out tjere.

That doesn't mean you'll see more detailed areas on U2 than DooM. U2's meant to run on a GF2, while DooM asks for a GF3 (we're talking max detail here) for decent framerates. Where's the difference then? You can't make those 2 million polys terrain surfaces like in U2. That would simply *KILL* the video card, no matter how much optimization is done.

I have to agree. Looks like a perfectly good engine with a very nice lighting system (the only real-time lighting I've heard of since Doom was announced); but not very impressive at all judging from these shots.
Definetly not a Doom killer.

I don't know-- it looks pretty impressive. If nothing else, the lighting system is much more daring and creative than the standard lightmapped engine. It's always cool to me when a develper takes a new direction in technology, even if it doesn't always work out to be the Standard. The best classic games of the past had original, interesting rendering and graphics effects (SpaceAce, Qbert, SpaceHarrier, Centipede).

But I agree that the maps could have been done a bit more creatively. I don't play games that much, but this sort of architecture looks a bit old-hat even to me... Still, even if it's not the most original art, it is excecuted well-- no glaring seems or discontinuities.

The trouble is, the actual game that people will be, like, playing, has sort of been left as an after thought, it seems.

Very few non-US developers create games that stand the test of Time anymore.

Kreed's an incredible job if we take in mind Russia's gaming efforts so far.

Zaldron will my pc get at least 40 fps whit my new Athlon XP 1.4 Ghz whit 256 MB DDRAM and a Geforce3 TI500??? Or will i get 30 like a Geforce3 card?

I don't know-- it looks pretty impressive.

The engine is fine, but the levels are just the same old uninspired shit you'll see in any movie that has a spaceship in it.

*yawn*

Zaldron will my pc get at least 40 fps whit my new Athlon XP 1.4 Ghz whit 256 MB DDRAM and a Geforce3 TI500??? Or will i get 30 like a Geforce3 card?

Zaldron's pretty good at what he does (whatever that is), but he ain't no visionary. Predicting exact fps isn't exactly easy.

Who knows? Not even id's sure about how many fps you'll get once the game is finished.

It *does* sound like a capable computer. I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to pull out 40 to 45 fps on 800x600@32. You might want to add a little more RAM, though. I think 256 is the baseline for now.

Kreed Kreed Kreed.......:| I want DooM shots ! Why isn't id just releasing one shot a week or so....some promotion and some psychological support af the Doomworld members could not be wrong.
Damned...back to the Kreed shots :)

I have to say, I´m looking forward to Kreed! I like the setting, a gigantic cluster of abandoned space ships from various ages. Also the gameplay with it´s inclusion of various team game modes sounds very promising. And they plan multiplayer support with all those team games as well (coop, CTF, deathmatch, team deathmatch).
It looks that the lighting could be quite impressive, but for some reason it looks always a bit bland and harsh on those screenhsots. Maybe because it seems to be always pure white light?

Maybe because it seems to be always pure white light?

You people have no respect for purity.

Maybe because it seems to be always pure white light?

No, I guess it's because of the horrible JPG compression.

I read this about Kreed:

· Advanced algorithm of artificial intellect of enemies and extraterrestrial beings and their behavior is brought maximum close to reality thanks to prototyping such feelings as sight, ear and smell

Smell?! wtf...
would be cool for doom...put some fresh meat at the floor and the demon will smell it !

· Highly detailed models of characters: up to 4000 polygons per model

I can't remember the poly count for Doom models....

· Accurate skeleton animation (up to 120 bones per model) of parts of body including animation of mimic.

Does anyone know haw many 'bones' the DooM characters will have ?

Smell = cheap ass AI that detects you across 3 rooms :)

The polycount for DooM3 goes from 1000 to 4000 polys, using a +250K to +500K hi-resolution model that outputs a realistic bumpmap/highlight/lighting/shadow skin per frame.

As for the bones...who knows? It depends on the creature afterall. But if they're giving the marine models very accurate facial expresions then I guess it's 100+

Smart-ass designers are more likely to save a horrible engine than the other way around (an advanced engine compensating for horrible design).

Well Russian game developers likely don't have much experience in designing levels, but I gotta say that I tip my hat to those Russians for the engine being able to display "real" lightning!

But I must also say that the game engine looks far inferior to the Doom 3 engine, as the characters don't have the same level of detail to display all these movie-like shadowing/lightning effects on their faces. So far, the environment *slightly* looks like movie-quality environment, but the characters and weapons are still way off.