Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeumReaper

What's behind your avatar?

This is one of the only preset avatars i could find that someone wasn't already using.

Captain Red said:

You have had that avatar for as long as I've seen you post on the forums and I've noticed just now that you've pointed it out it's animated :0

yeah, cuz I changed it to the animated eyes when we got custom avatars back. my old one used to look like this:

my first av was the lobo face, but then when I got custom av status I used this one for a while: thats a baron in mega-man style.

Da Spadger said:
So, what did I need to upload an avatar? If I recall correctly, one needed a certain number of posts or something.

One would think that'd be a Frequently Asked Question by now.

I used to have an Archvile flame as my old avatar, and the doomguys head w/ helmet on my old account. Current one is ghost rider.

I don't have enough posts to make a custom one, so I chose the default one that I thought went best with my username, which ended up being this one largely because it's got blue eyes. I don't like it much though, it's a bit too weeaboo for my tastes, so maybe I'll change it sometime. But I don't care too much about avatars at this point.

cyberdemon with blue background (only used it for a couple weeks at the most...the only non-custom one I had)
Cats (How are you gentlemen...ended up becoming a default)
665 (lol)
Torgo (from Manos: The Hands of Fate)
Gir (only for a while, wasn't happy with the way I made it, had it long before Manc or Assmaster)
Chibi Captain K (used that for a long time, got it from the aborted KMFDM RPG)
Black Demon (used it for years...play Doomworld Forums 2 for the explaination)
My WoW character

...and that's all I can remember. I'm fairly sure I used others, but for brief periods of time.

When I joined, everyone was sporting fish avatars, and by the time I had enough posts to upload my own fish, it was borked and I choose the Quakeguy avatar since it seemed most fitting.
So like a year ago, I mustered up enough courage to ask Bloodshedder (yes, I thought he was quite the scary person back then) to upload one for me, and he instead linked to it from my website (which I should really try to abuse some day). He must have messed it up somehow because now I lack a space between my custom title and avatar. But that's okay, I still love you BS. <3

Torn said:

yeah, the years around I joined there was many fish avatars.

I'm glad the trend is coming back : )

Mine is the Spankfish and it comes from way back, as everyone else explained. Before that, though, I made and used that "I AM A DORK" thing you might have seen in others' avatars.

No real story behind this one, other than that I play a seven-string guitar, and wasn't a fan of the smoking purple fish that I had before.

I always considered coming up with my own fish based on the one spike used, but my pixel art skills are crap. I guess I shall remain me.

Well, I originally uploaded the DK avatar back in 01, because at that point I loved the Dead Kennedys, and had just gotten back into doom. My name goes along with it. Used the DK logo for a few years, but recently switched to my current one, because I love creepy grim reapers. Plus the animated .gif of it is almost hypnotic. Also, it's an easy way to scroll down and find where my last post was in a topic.

Fornicating rabbits, courtesy of Silverwyvern. Sadly no longer hangs around here.

I went through a few fish-themed avatars for a while - penisfish, breastfish, though they got me banned.

My first avatar was that awesome "Scotland" one I made that you see in the menu, because, obviously, I'm Scottish.

I wanted something Doom related, unique, and random, so up-side-down ouchface it is.

I also made the ImpFish avatar (I think it's a default avatar now), because making those was the cool thing to do back then, and there were few Doom-themed ones.

Mine is my rank in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Lieutenant Major).

I'm going to change it soon, if I get Call of Duty 4 (to whatever rank I get in that game) or change it entirely into something else, because, even though I still play ET:QW, I'm not focusing on ranks or experience, so progress is VERY slow :P

I did not know that Jello and Coopersville have been around nearly as long as I have.

Speaking of which, I do believe today is my 7th anniversary of joining these forums. Good god, I have no life.