Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

NDCP2: Absolute Evil

An conglom type map I'm working on atm for ndcp2 G6672D made the first part then got stuck with ideas the team leader asked around if anyone would be interested in completing his map so I got nothing better to do so now I'm finishing it.

The theme is obviously hell themed :p you could say it has an bit of an Deus Vult look to it but it wasn't my intention to make it look like that my intention is to make it as hellish as possible and I think I'm on the right track.

The map will be huge very hard and insanely detailed I've still got an lot of work ahead of me and alot of ideas I'm gonna bust out the most sick looking hell map I've ever done well I'll shut up now enjoy the screens.

Heh well uh I shall reconsider about the texture choice but imo it looks exactly like I want it to have.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Gonna have to agree with belial on this one, you want hell, red and black are the colors of choice.

I just hope the game play is hellish.

Well I think its an big improvement the area in this shot is far from being done btw I still need to add more structures towers, rocks and such.

I'd have to say that the red and black color scheme in most recent screenie looks very nice. I'd stick with that one. As for the difficulty, I'm with Mike. The tougher the difficulty, the more engaging it will be for people like me. >=D

Thanks for misleading me.

"Hey NDCP2 is done!! ... Wait no its not. :("

what the hell? NDCP2 is still going? HEH HEH
it lives up to its predecessor thats for sure
taken years and all :D

I'm going to have to go with it's too red.
Surely there is something you can do to vary the colors a bit, and still retain a hell feel. I mean, red != hell, right? What about some skin, guts, and bones and stuff?

It's looking good imho, I like the style. :>
You can try adding temples with black walls a la Heretic / Hexen if you think the green marble won't fit.

NDCP2 is still going its going to take an long time but were getting it done someday, I'm gonna go with the looks on the last shot it looks better than the previous ones and I love doing the black/red color combination :p I'm currently busy with putting in the big structures the finer details will come later.

Stuff I'm still have to put in:
-An brainy/fleshy looking stonehenge structure
-An temple with two big thrones inside large pillars.
-An grave site next to the temple
-More towers collapsed towers and of course more finer details end decoration hanging corpses stuff like that.
-Some fleshy growth growing down from the sky to the floor

dutch devil said:

Stuff I'm still have to put in:
-An brainy/fleshy looking stonehenge structure
-An temple with two big thrones inside large pillars.
-An grave site next to the temple
-More towers collapsed towers and of course more finer details end decoration hanging corpses stuff like that.
-Some fleshy growth growing down from the sky to the floor

Indeed -- by the screenshots above, it needs more satanism. Otherwise it will only look like yet another red planet.

Maybe a bit too much red (nearly made my eyes bleed :)). Apart from that - looking good, wouldn't want to die there.

Amount if red is fine. The Red crackly lavaish texture (I forget it's name) looks like it doesn't entirely fit though. IMO.

The latest screen fixes the red problem quite a lot, though I'm going to have to go with posters above and say it needs more satanism. Still looking pretty nice.

Well only now I've noticed the last screenshot, a few posts down. It looks so much better and doesn't need as much satanism as the older ones. There's good use of strong red and strong black. Too bad there'll be no coloured lighting, making the player and things look pale in the environment.

Yeah I *******ly needs more sanatism and I don't think I'm gonna dissapoint people with that.If it was an map for zdoom I could make it even more atmospheric but then again I wouldn't have joined that project if it was for zdoom.

Allrighty back to work.

Belial said:

In hell, you cannot run out of black and red.

;)

Hey, keep your mouth shut! You know what I'm referring to! Leaky bastard =p

The hell theme looks good to me, add some more sector-based lighting to alternate between black and red.

Doom Marine said:

The hell theme looks good to me, add some more sector-based lighting to alternate between black and red.

Ok thanks sounds like an cool idea to me.

Mivalekan said:

I only like maps that start me in the middle of 100 cyberdemons with just a pistol.

I'm a little bit of a watered down doomer, and prefer being the middle of cyberdemons with a pistol and a clip or two. maybe a stimpack if I'm feeling drowsy.

Some new shots its unfinished work but its taking shape ignore the brown bridge its an part of the old map and it will be changed sooner or later.

Looks awesome, can't wait to play it.

A few suggestions, though:
I'm not too keen on the flats you're using on walls for some of the large rock sections. They're 64x64 and look kind of tiley on such big areas.

The big rock walls in general look kind of flat and blocky to me, though. I know it's Doom and you're not using slopes or anything like that, but you can make some pretty convincing rocks and other natural-looking landscapes without needing slopes if you use a bunch of layers to add 3D interest, and make their shapes nice and smooth and round. The smoothness and roundness of the shapes helps to gives the rocks a slopey, natural appearance.

Other than the rocks, though, this is looking really good. Don't let my complaining get you down :p