Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Editing w/ strife

I remember a post a week or 2 ago about someone who wanted to create a Doom RPG for the PC.Is it possible to just create a Doom TC for strife?It seems it would be easier to make a doom wad with rpg elements included by utilizing strife instead of doom itself.

Why not start a Doom project using ZDoom and incorporate Strife elements? Personally, I wouldn't touch strife editing with a dirty mop. They did too many weird things there. Besides, most people would use a source port to play Strife (and ZDoom would probably be the choice anyway).

Btw, it seems your inbox is full (or you disabled PMs).

EarthQuake said:

most people would use a source port to play Strife (and ZDoom would probably be the choice anyway).

Yick. Why not use DOSBox? ZDoom alters the gameplay a bit for any game it hosts.

I'd love to make a map for Strife, but I'd prefer to see these:

• a DoomBuilder interface with thing definitions NOT LACKING THEIR SPRITES, so I know what I'm putting.
  • a better documented KSSC. I couldn't make custom dialogue actors work, yet.
  • having the Strife Specs. Looking for the Strife Specs, wherever I'm sent, the site is down, so no Strife Specs for me :( I'd need to know exactly what each thing, linetype and sector tag code does.
Lack of these screws me up, because this way I'm often working blindly. Perhaps it could be the same reason why no one else maps for Strife.