Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

No sky in GZdoom

Gzdoom is wonderful. The new highres textures are wowo!! beautiful!

But the sky is "missing texture" I play gzdoom with -file highre~1.pk3 lights

Any ideas why there is no sky texture? Just the "missing texture" hall of mirrors effect.

which version of GZDoom are you using? i think the proper place to ask is here, but i'd suggest making sure you have the hires pack that is intended for GZDoom, then make sure the texture RSKY1 is in there somewhere

Janitor said:

which version of GZDoom are you using? i think the proper place to ask is here, but i'd suggest making sure you have the hires pack that is intended for GZDoom, then make sure the texture RSKY1 is in there somewhere

Okay, thanks. I am using the same texture pak that ermac is using on the same version of gzdoom that ermac is using. Although I thought one of the sub-folders in the texture pak said Jdoom.... I am using the latest version of gzdoom. The previous version was also not displaying the sky.

I could just make a .wad with an rsky1 texture in it right? and add it as well while loading to fix the problem? It appears the .pak does not have an rsky1 texture in it.

there is a gzdoom specific pack that works just fine for me its somewhere on here