Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceKazama

Where can I get new floor textures?

How do i get new floor Textures. im sick of using the same ones that came with doom 2 :l can some one link me up plz? and where and how do i install new enimes into doom builder? like cause im making a counter strike map and i wanna get some new people in there. can some one link me up with that 2. and tell me how to use them. thanx alot. Vince

Check out The Afterglow's site http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml for new textures and flats.

If you're mapping for ZDoom, you can use monsters from http://www.realm667.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=105

If you're mapping for the basic Doom engine, or for Boom-compatible format or something similar, you can use DeHackEd (or BEX for Boom) to modify existing monsters, but you can't exactly add new ones. Usually the first ones to get replaced are the Wolfenstein SS, the hanging Commander Keen doll, and the Icon of Sin (Boss Brain). Scythe 2 replaces them with a plasma-gun marine (Evil Marine) and a red flying Baron of Hell that shoots a flurry of mancubus missiles and revenant rockets (Afrit).

as far as i know you can use wall textures for flats as well, which extends you options. works for zdoom last time i checked.

EDIT: Zdoom doesnt allow 3d models but gzdoom does, along with some other ports.

Liberation said:

as far as i know you can use wall textures for flats as well, which extends you options. works for zdoom last time i checked.

EDIT: Zdoom doesnt allow 3d models but gzdoom does, along with some other ports.

Yeah i downloaded a monster off of that link he gave me now what? how do i put it in doom builder?

VinceKazama said:

Yeah i downloaded a monster off of that link he gave me now what? how do i put it in doom builder?

You won't actually be putting it into DooM Builder. You will be putting it into your wad file. Use a utility such as XWE to insert your new resources into your wad.

You can ask XWE-related questions on the XWE forums.

VinceKazama said:

i dont know how 2 tho.

XWE has a Help file. Read that first. Also, there's a small section on using XWE to insert sprites into a wad on my tutorial on making sprites from models and using them in a wad. Scroll down the tutorial to Section D.

Yeah I use both DooM Builder and XWE. All's you have to do it open the given mosnter wad in XWE, copy all of the contents and paste it into an existing wad that u migth modify using, sya, DooM Builder. U can even apste differnet creatures into one WAD... they;re worth it. I'm just suprised I haven't seen more wads with the likes of Plasma Demons, Ghouls, Fallen (from Diablo II) Wraith and Fusion Arachnotrons. ;)

Hell you can even make a new Heretic or HeXen WAD and use them in it... I tried it. Most functions of the critters still work. And alot of the monsters strangely fit too....