Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RazorVayne

3rd-person Doom 3

It's official! The X-box's Doom 3 has a secret room somewhere in the game that turns the 3rd-person cam on and off. And also in that same room you have the option of toggling your hud display too. Now this may be nothing new to the people who have the PC version, cuz you have the option of somehow hacking into the game to access the 3rd-person cam.

I haven't seen this anywhere else on the net so I'm assuming I'm one of few people who actually know how to find this secret.

Or maybe thats a PC your looking at. Does that picture say that is an xbox? I don't see how the xbox doom3 version would have this because it would have been found by now.

you could toggle 3rd person view on/off in Quake 3 by using the "\cg_thirdperson" command... I haven't played Doom 3, but since its engine was derived for Quake 3's, would it have the feature still?

Edward850 said:

Or maybe thats a PC your looking at. Does that picture say that is an xbox? I don't see how the xbox doom3 version would have this because it would have been found by now.

No that's Xbox 100%. I know that because I took that picture. Give me some time and I'll upload the video I made, on youtube and paste the link in this forum. That video shows you exactly how to get this secret.

I just got one slowass PC so it'll take a while to upload.

Well this is a cool thing I never heard of. I can't wait for the video. Nice find. (I'm serious, Nice find. I can't believe that I can't find this anywhere else. So this is a first.)

Edward850 said:

Well this is a cool thing I never heard of. I can't wait for the video. Nice find. (I'm serious, Nice find. I can't believe that I can't find this anywhere else. So this is a first.)

Thanx. I can't wait to leak this super-hidden secret but I'm gonna need just about one whole entire day to upload it, but it'll be worth it.

note that the video's quality is as shitty as the pic.

Its been almost 2 days and not a response from this guy. I'm starting to think its too good to be true.

If you do see this post, please... for the love of god... I need a walk through! Its a matter of life or death!

I have Doom3 on the Xbox and on the PC. I have played the PC version in third person and its not that great, its hard to aim, and there is cross-hair.

Alright, today I'll be able to upload it if my sister doesnn't come online and screw it all up again. XP

Before I go on any further PLEASE NOTE: You will need the "NoClipping" cheat however you can get it. You could use an Action Replay, Gameshark, XBox trainer or just any way u can access that code. For those of u who don't know what "noclip" is, it's a cheat you can use in Doom games to walk thru walls. Unfortunately, as far as I know of there's no possible way to access this secret room thru ordinary means, YOU NEED NOCLIPPING!

Anyway, I'll try to make this thorough. Select the map "Alpha Labs Sector 1W" and progress through the level as usual until you come to the room that has 3 windows that separates it from another room. When you reach the middle of the room, fire will erupt on the other side of the windows and Imps will appear. Basically all you have to do is get to the other side of the windows and the only way that's possible (that I know of) is with the noclipping cheat. the door behind the 3 windows is locked, so just head straight thru that and behind THAT door is another bigger door with a codepad beside it. I haven't figured out the code yet, but with noclip you don't need it. just head thru the big door too.

...And there it is, the secret room!!
There will be 2 panels on the floor, one that says "Action View ON/Action View OFF", this panel toggles the 3rd-person cam when you walk over it. Then there is another panel that says "Expert View ON/Expert View OFF", this one just simply toggles your entire HUD display, obviously making the gameplay harder because you're never sure how much ammo, body armour and health you have. Plus you don't have the crosshair anymore. Note that your HUD will disappear when you go into 3rd-person view, whether you stepped on the Expert View panel or not.

And thats all there's to it! Enjoy!!

Also, with the noclip cheatcode I found other small hidden goodies scattered throughout each level.

e.g.- Starting the level Alpha Labs Sector 3, when you come across the first explosive barrel, directly behind it on the the wall it says "TURN BACK". Face that wall turn around directly behind you. Now, with the NoClip code, walk straight (holding your flashlight) until you come to a small, unlit room with all the weapons laying inside, along with an unused PDA and the soul cube. But this soul cube looks different, I'm guessing it's the beta version that they decided not to use after all. Note that there won't be much in the small room if you just select that map, you have to start a new game until you get to that level, for everything to be there.

Goodies like this you'll find all over the place in Doom 3, as long as you have, for the last time, the "NoClipping" cheat.

MikeRS said:

you could toggle 3rd person view on/off in Quake 3 by using the "\cg_thirdperson" command... I haven't played Doom 3, but since its engine was derived for Quake 3's, would it have the feature still?

I tried the Command, but it did not work. What did I do wrong?

Linux Doom said:

I tried the Command, but it did not work. What did I do wrong?

For Doom 3 the console command for 3rd person is,

pm_thirdperson 1

when you want to turn it off you put in,

pm_thirdperson 0

RazorVayne said:

No-clipping crap

Wait, so your telling me that I have to buy something or mod my xbox to have a 3rd person view? God thats a waste of time. Its a nice find and all, but it would be nicer if you could use your no-clipping powers to find a route to things.

Edward850 said:

Wait, so your telling me that I have to buy something or mod my xbox to have a 3rd person view? God thats a waste of time. Its a nice find and all, but it would be nicer if you could use your no-clipping powers to find a route to things.

It should be a button combo for the Xbox.
On the PC you just opened the console commands. No modding required. =/

Gamespot Cheat listing for the Xbox:

Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (X) 4 Times Temp Invincibility
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (Y) 4 Times Show All Map
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (B) 4 Times Gives All Weapons and Ammo, 200% armor
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (A) 4 Times GOD Mode (Player Invincible)
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (X) 2 Times then Press (Y) 2 Times Invisibility
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (Y) 3 Times and (X) 1 Time Light Amplification Goggles
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (X) 3 Times then Press (Y) 1 Time Berserk Mode
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (X) 1 Time then Press (Y) 3 Times Radiation Suit
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (A) 2 Times then Press (B) 2 Times End Level
Hold SPRINT (LT) and Press (B) 2 Times then Press (A) 2 Times Give Chainsaw
hold L trigger and press a,b,a,b All keys, all weapons, full ammo, 200% armor

And surprisingly I don't see NoClip.

Um, thats that cheat list of the classic doom for xbox (Found in doom3 limited editon).

Edward850 said:

Well, There could be another way around it, I just haven't figured it out yet. Because for the amount of detail put into this secret, I have my doubts that it is impossible to access by normal means. I just really think there's SOME way of getting to it without cheats.

Doom 3 seems to have a lot more secrets than people think, the trick is trying to figure out where or what they are, even small things like the level textures. For example, in the Hell levels (including the final level) if you look reeeally closely and examine long enough, you'll start noticing demon faces everywhere in the ground textures, bricks, structures and even the sky!! There is one very noticible face directly above you (in Hell), what almost looks like the Barron or an Imp...something demonic anyway. Also on the slightly darker and more texturized bricks you'll see revenants and whatnot.

Edward850 said:

Um, thats that cheat list of the classic doom for xbox (Found in doom3 limited editon).

Well crap...I'll get around to looking for the NoClip cheat again.
(It looked correct anyways.)