Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jello

Xbox 360

Howdy all. I got one of those new fangled xbox 360s, and I'm trying to find games to tide me over until Resident Evil 5 and GTA IV comes out. I've rented Halo 3, it was okay but the single player was rather lackluster, and I can't find myself paying for xbox live gold to play it online. I rented Bioshock, got to the part after the medical bay, and you go to the new side of Rapture. It was alright, but I'm wondering if it gets any more exciting... and those constant hacking games really got on my nerves. And I rented Dead Rising, got through the first play through, got to over time and got bored and played Halo the rest of the time I had it. I was just wondering if there were any really good games out for 360 at this point that are worth buying, and would offer any real replay value. I'm at the point that I feel the system will just be for Resident Evil 5 and GTA IV, but I really hope there's been some good games already released for it. I prefer the FPS genre, but I like RPG's or TPS games as well.

Mass Effect is like Knights of the old republic with better combat and the Star Wars stuff removed. Widely thought of as the best RPG if not the best game of 2007.

Crackdown Is like a cross between GTA and mercenaries where you play a cyberneticlly enhanced police offerer who can (after leveling up a bit) jump 100 meters in the air, kick people over a football fields, pick up trucks and throw them into traffic and just generically abuse the powers you've been given. it's fun. not brilliant, but if you see it for cheap, it's worth picking up.

Gears of War is also a beloved 360 game, I don't personally care for it, but many do.

Huh, well thanks for the response. I've been thinking about checking out Mass Effect. I'll give it a shot, it seems pretty interesting. I might check out crackdown as well, probably a rental, but it might be fun. I've heard great things about Gears of War, but it seems like it would be a quick thrill, just a short 6 hour game (and when did 6 or less hours become the standard?) designed by Cliffy B. And I don't like Cliffy B. But I'll look into Mass Effect, thanks.

Since you want to buy GTA4, check out Saints Row. It's a really good. There's tons of side jobs to work on, like insurance fraud (you press a button to rag-doll into oncoming traffic and earn money), robbing stores, loan-sharking, and even becoming a Hitman.

If you like JRPGs, check out Blue Dragon. Toriyama's character designs are actually pretty good in this one, unlike Dragon Quest 8.

The Darkness is a really good FPS. The game isn't as linear as most shooters, either.

Call of Duty 4, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Orange Box are awesome FPS's for 360 right now. I'd say Unreal Tournament 3, but it's not on 360 now plus its probably better with online experience.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out Saints Row. I rented Mass Effect today, and I'll probably end up buying it. The interface is a little iffy, but the scope, and the combination of action and rpg elements work really well. Seems like a game I could waste a huge amount of time on. As far as the Orange box, I never cared much for half-life 2. I wouldn't mind playing Portal though, it sounds pretty fun. TFC 2, I could do without really. In the end, I'd just get the Orange Box for PC if I really decide I want to play Portal that bad. I may look into call of duty 4 as well, I've always really liked their games. However, is the single player worth spending 45+ dollars on, or would it be better as a rental? Anyways, I would really suggest mass effect to folks with a 360, great game so far. The fleshing out of the various races is really well done, and all the well acted dialogue, with the branching stories draw a person in well. Plus the combat is pretty fun to boot. And Dead Rising is pretty fun, and I'll probably buy it for the massive zombie slaying fun, however I really think it could've benefited from a free play mode, without a time limit or deteriorating health.