Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceKazama

How do i put some monsters into my WAD?

Ok i downloaded this enemey off of a site right it came in a zip its called ChainSaw Zombie man. i downloaded Slumped. now what? how do i put it into my Doom Builder or WAD "? im so new to this.

VinceKazama said:

i downloaded Slumped. now what? how do i put it into my Doom Builder or WAD "?

I don't have Slumped, so I don't know how it works. However, if it has a Help file I suggest you read that first, try it out yourself, and if that does not work then ask specific questions.

What you're asking for is a tutorial on resource modification within a wad. This will be specific to the editing utility you are using. See my other post for some help with XWE.

ReX said:

I don't have Slumped, so I don't know how it works. However, if it has a Help file I suggest you read that first, try it out yourself, and if that does not work then ask specific questions.

What you're asking for is a tutorial on resource modification within a wad. This will be specific to the editing utility you are using. See my other post for some help with XWE.

no i just want to put the monster in the dam game lol is all ready it came in a zip its code is filled out i just need a way to get it in doom builder

First off, I suggest you download XWE, or a program that can open up WAD files and look at things such as DECORATE. If you have software like this (no Doom Builder doesn't count), then right-click on the ChainsawZombie.wad and click "Open With" and then browse for the proper program.

Then when it loads up, check the list of words on the left hand side of the screen (if your using XWE that is) and look for something called "DECORATE". Click this, and then right at the top should be something like "ACTOR ChainsawZombie 3204" (in fact that's exactly what it is because this is an example, but try this out anyway in case you want to add OTHER monsters).

When you create a new "THING" in Doom Builder, it will create a "Player 1 Start". Double click that, and where the "Type" is (under the list of names on the left), make it 3204. Even though the circle will be a question mark and be "unknown" to Doom Builder, when you do LOAD the WAD and play the level with "-file chainsawzombie.wad" included in the command line, then were the previous question mark was, a Chainsaw Zombie will be in it's place.