Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

I saw a Pinkie Demon as a hood ornament!

I swear! I was driving in traffic with my friend. I looked over there was an SUV with a Pinkie hood ornament! I don't know cars, so I don't know what kind of SUV. When I saw it, I had to point it out to my friends. Naturally the SUV flew forward and was gone, but not out of sight. Oh and also naturally they did not believe me.

Fortunately because it was a SUV I could easily find it. Eventually we caught up to the big black SUV that had flames painted across the side. Sure enough it was a pinkie demon on the guy's hood! The demon was quite nice and in attacking position. Mouth open head forward!

Has anyone ever seen anything like that?

pictures? don't tell me you and your friend both just so happend to have left your cellphones at home that time.

i searched over and over for it, found skulls, rats, dogs, and other animals, but no pinky demon. Maybe he made it himself. Did you get to talk to the guy?

We got 1 picture with a Razor cellphone, and with my window up and snow. It didn't turn out at all. The ornament was too small to even be seen on the phone.

BUT I went looking on deviant art to see if someone had them. I found it... well kind of. Apparently there is some mini pinkie demon that looks to be made out of sterling silver or metal.

http://divineerror.deviantart.com/art/Demon-9301639

I found a few of them on deviant art looking for "doom demon." So being that I found a few, it must be some sort of special limited edition thing that came with Doom, and that is the hood ordainment.

This is only assuming, but he probably took one of these and made a hole in it to attatch it as a hood ordainment.

Edited by geo

geo said:

hood ordainment!

Yeah, there's a lot of Ministers up in the hood.

Bastard stole my idea. I've wanted to make a revenant hood ornament for years but I've never had a vehicle worthy of it.

Then I guess it was one of reaper's minis :-) But it looked that exact color. It wasn't chrome, cause it didn't match what chrome usually looks like.

The SUV's owner may have been inspired by this D.I.Y. piece.

I found this one in Google Images - it started life as a garden ornament!

The Pinky and Mancubus are the only ones I picked up in the Doom 3 boxes. The rest are eBay purchases and I don't even want to remember how much I paid for each. I know that one of the 3 cyberdemons ran me $80. The rest were anywhere from 20 to 50. I don't like the crappy paintjob that was done on the arachnotron and I have yet to remove it. I've been looking for a good figure painting service for a long time and I kinda quit on the idea, never got good replies or quotes back from online services. I wanted a high quality paint job on one of the Marines and Cyberdemons.
I have yet to find an Arch Ville, Cacodemon, Mastermind and what else? I think that's it.

fishbone said:

I've been looking for a good figure painting service for a long time and I kinda quit on the idea, never got good replies or quotes back from online services. I wanted a high quality paint job on one of the Marines and Cyberdemons.

Find a person really experienced in painting Warhammer models that will do them for cash.