Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

How to control an event such as this

stickguy5000 said:

reply quickly quickliest you have ever replied

This is like putting a "go-faster stripe" on a vehicle.

Just ask your question and wait for someone to answer, if they are so inclined. No one here owes you an answer.

are you using (G)zdoom or skulltag or any other port that supports doom-in-hexen format maps? if so,assign a special to a monster. when that monster gets killed, the special is executed. if your port doesn't support maps in hexen format,you could mess around with map07's special boss action, but that only raises all floors with tag 666 (as far as i remember).

was that quick enough?

farhaven said:

are you using (G)zdoom or skulltag or any other port that supports doom-in-hexen format maps? if so,assign a special to a monster. when that monster gets killed, the special is executed. if your port doesn't support maps in hexen format,you could mess around with map07's special boss action, but that only raises all floors with tag 666 (as far as i remember).

was that quick enough?

well the only problem with running on the hexen config is that it can't find any lump stuff

stickguy5000 said:

well i just want to be able to end a level when an enemy is killed that's all i want to do

If you do not use any source ports you are limited to the scenarios in Ultimate DooM (e.g., E2M8 ends when the cyberdemon is dead) and DooM2 (Map30 ends when the Icon of Sin/Romero is dead). In those cases you will need to name your map as one of those map numbers.

well the only problem with running on the hexen config is that it can't find any lump stuff

If you are using ZDooM (DooM in Hexen format) you will need to work from a ZDooM version of your IWAD. Use zdconv.exe to convert your doom2.exe (or doom.exe) into a ZDooM format. Please make sure you have a backup copy of DooM2.wad or DooM.wad, known as IWADs. zdconv.exe does not over-write your IWADs, but make sure you have a back-up nevertheless.

Once you have converted the IWAD, point your map editor to the converted version. You should be able to see all the ZDooM specials (or lumps, as you called them) in your editor.