Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fishbone

Gameboy Doom question

I have a GameCube with the adaper that allows me to load and play Gameboy games and I was considering buying Doom/Doom II for old time's sake. The question is, for those of you that have played these games, can you save your progress, or does it forget it all once you shut it down?

I'm not sure about Doom2, but the first one only saves the last level you played. You have to start the level over.

Let me find and fire up my cartridges and get back to this in like 10 or 15 minutes :-)

Edit:
This is pretty upsetting. I found all of my GBA games in their 2 pouches that I keep them in. However DOOM and DOOM II are not there. I will do some more searching.

Edit:
Found them. You can only save when you beat a level and you keep your ammo, weapons health and armor. No rounding. Oh and the blood is lime green :-)

GP2X is a handheld console (more powerful than the DS or PSP) designed with homebrew in mine, so there's probably a few Doom ports for it.

GP2X is a South Korean Linux-based handheld. Yes it can run a third-party Doom source port, but you'll need to supply the commercial WAD(s) for it.

The two GBA games are OK, but not great. Doom is basically a port of the old Atari Jaguar Doom port. Doom II is the better of the two games overall (MHO), but still has its limitations. More about both here and here.

Oh and the enemies disappear once they fall. The GBA does have limited memory after all. Perhaps it was them wanting to simulate how the Doom 3 enemies burn away and disappear.

geo said:

Oh and the enemies disappear once they fall. The GBA does have limited memory after all. Perhaps it was them wanting to simulate how the Doom 3 enemies burn away and disappear.

Except for the fact that they were both released prior to Doom 3.

Hell knights, Hell Barons and Cacodemons (And IIRC Revenants) are unmodified. only monsters that violently spew out red blood when shot. Though the little blood sprites that come off any monster other than barrels are still green.