Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkArchon

SLADE oddity

I have used slade for 7/8 months and never seen that, its done some crazy shit before, but not that bad i hope you have a back up.

This has happened to me a couple of times before. I have no idea how to prevent it; I usually just close and reopen the wad without saving (since undo seems to mess up the sector references sometimes, grr), and try building the section that broke it in a different way.

I also sometimes get an issue where, if I have a lot of sectors inside one large one (for example, a void map where everything is inside one big sector), drawing a sector somewhere inside it will screw up the sector references of other sectors within the same enclosing sector.

It's a huge pain, and I'm hoping that SlayeR will be able to figure out a less-breakable algorithm for sector creation when he starts working on SLADE 3.0 (last I checked, he was waiting for a new version of wxWidgets before starting).

esselfortium said:

I usually just close and reopen the wad without saving (since undo seems to mess up the sector references sometimes, grr), and try building the section that broke it in a different way.

I've tried that already: No dice.

Liberation said:

i hope you have a back up.

When I realised it what happened, I just quit. The screenshot is from an unsaved recration of the problem.

That said: I still have Doom Builder to fall back on, but the broken ACS editor combined with the lack of "correct sector references" does make it's mark, even if it makes building curved architechture a hell of a lot easier.