Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Need better graphics editor

This is my first post in a couple years. I became a member in 99 I think. Wow.
Anyway, back in the day I used to make a lot of gfx and sprite replaces for Doom and DoomII.
I recently decided to hop back on the train when I downloaded Doom Builder, which is f'ckin magnificent. This program makes building levels too easy, and with the help of some other wad editors ive been building away at a new project.
However, I dont have the same computer I had from 99-2003 lol.
I had a graphics editing program that was super easy to use. I believe the icon for the program was a red devil head. You could open up any sprite or texture in MSPAINT, edit, and save. This was very convenient. You could also easily replace the midis and wavs in each wad.
I downloaded a few editors from Doomworlds utilities section, but its either too difficult to edit graphics, the program didnt work, or 3d dowloads gave me the wrong files.

Off topic, my project is Super Doomed Mario Bros. I have sprites, textures, weapons, music and sounds already in the works, I just need a simple way to directly edit all of the files on the doom2.wad file. I plan on this being a total conversion. I have already spent a lot of time on this, and I dont want it to get stuck at a dead end, so if someone could help me find an easy to use graphics editor for doom/doom2 that would be a huge help.

Jeremy said:

I had a graphics editing program that was super easy to use. I believe the icon for the program was a red devil head. You could open up any sprite or texture in MSPAINT, edit, and save. This was very convenient. You could also easily replace the midis and wavs in each wad.

WinTex is the program you are looking for.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?search=1&field=filename&word=wintex&sort=time&order=asc&page=1

Keep in mind you'll need the Visual Basic 3.0 runtime library (VBRUN300.DLL) to make it work, though.

Hey RTC, yeah I remember you lol. You are actually one of the few people I talked to often on here. Back then there werent many people on here. It was around the time rumor of Doom3D (Doom3) started to spread. But its a good thing there are so many more people, I see a lot of cool stuff is being done with the engine, its amazing how much mod potential an FPS from 1993 could have lol.
And Nuxius, thanks a lot for the links, that was exactly the program I was looking for.