Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You're clearly getting better, though it's still very blocky. A few curves here and there might be nice, some stairs and other height variations. It's all too claustrophobic. I ran out of ammo on those barons of hell but other than that the gameplay was alright.

icecreamsoldier said:

You're clearly getting better, though it's still very blocky. A few curves here and there might be nice, some stairs and other height variations. It's all too claustrophobic. I ran out of ammo on those barons of hell but other than that the gameplay was alright.

thanks man

I guess its for doom1 which i don't have. Or not map01 but I don't feel like typing idclev 32 times.

my feedback:

you know how to make doors and switches, so that's good.
as icecream said, try making rooms of different shapes and angles and heights.
also, pick a theme.
ask yourself what exactly your map is supposed to be:
a spacestation
a processing plant
an alien world
hell
etc.
then pick textures that look nice together and bring about this theme. after you get that down, work on lighting.
you don't have to cram a million sectors into a map to detail it, sometimes very simply designed maps look nice because of good lighting.
the ending of your map was a nice twist, and the gameplay was decent
though pretty easy and there wasn't enough ammo to kill everything (of course you could just use the chainsaw.)
there is also a HOM glitch in front of the red key because sectors 47 and 57 are not closed.
keep mapping, and remember to have fun doing it. don't be afraid to experiment.

gggmork said:

but I don't feel like typing idclev 32 times.

You don't have to. Just open the wad with a text editor and search for either THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, VERTEXES or anything like that. Before THINGS, you'll see the map name, which contains the number. No need for trial and error.

I had to change the map number just to play this one. (Only had doom 2 pc) But I have to say this is a preaty good map. based on earlier posts I decided to use infighting to conserve ammo. It worked for a while but I still got killed.

Not enough ammo. Unfair :-) I was running, but then a found a sea full of enemies that give no ammo. Put an invincibility sphere in there or something!

Some *not all* of the doortracks need to have lower unpegged check marked.

Also the doors felt like they were missing something. Give them some door stops maybe?

Keep working :-)

That's useful information. I opened it with doombuilder instead and it worked through 'test level'.
It was ok, not great imo, pretty simple and short. There's plenty of ammo but its hidden in 2 secret doors. Its more fun for a speed run trying to avoid enemies rather than kill them.