Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Intel17

How do you play DOOM?

I play Zdoom on mostly everything, just load up a random wad from eather my Hard drive or a disk (I.E Demon Gate) and just blow shit up

Zdoom, usually up to the latest version. I fought against mouse look as long as I could, but after I started playing TFC online, I had to give in. Now I can't stand playing without it. That's the main reason I use zdoom, I can actually turn off auto aim and aim myself, and it still has that charming pixelation, it isn't glossed over with a 3d render.

Im the usual Zdoom enthusiast, I play skulltag for the usual
multi-player action, and occasionally I play Gzdoom.
Even though I had Doom for 3 years, Im still kind of a newcomer.

Jim Rainer said:

GZDoom for single player, Skulltag for multiplayer.

Since people seem to be posting specifics here:
640x480 res (I could probably go higher, especially since I can get the quake 2 demo to run amazing at 1280x960), bilinear filtering, and my awesome control scheme.

Since people seem to be posting specifics here:
640x480 res (I could probably go higher, especially since I can get the quake 2 demo to run amazing at 1280x960), bilinear filtering, and my awesome control scheme. [/B]

I just wanna know, what type of computer do you have?

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 03/11/2008 23:28:31
System name: COMPUTER01

[Display]
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ (2413 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista
DirectX version: 10.0
GPU processor: GeForce 6100 nForce 405
ForceWare version: 163.69
Total available graphics memory: 383 MB
Dedicated video memory: 256 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 127 MB
Video BIOS version: 5.61.32.25.04
IRQ: 23
Total RAM: 1024 MB

I used to play with Legacy till I encountered many of weird HOM effects at many wads like a HELL... :(
so I changed to GZDoom, and I awed on it! :D

(I used to play ZDoom (When I still play Doom wads with Legacy) but I already didn't like the classic display mode so I gave up... shame on myself. :(
PRBOOM,ZDaemon,Eternity and Doomsday had some try, but stopped when I changed to GZDoom...)

Jim Rainer said:

640x480 res (I could probably go higher, especially since I can get the quake 2 demo to run amazing at 1280x960)

Haha, I was right! I just installed another gig of memory, and I got GZDoom to run CIF 3 very smoothly at 1280x1024, the highest my monitor will go.