Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

sound card drivers

where can i get drivers for a ISA esoniq sound card. I need drivers for MS-DOS/win3.11 ONLY!!! so no windows BS. Also the ISA form too. any help is good

where can i get drivers for a ISA esoniq sound card. I need drivers for MS-DOS/win3.11 ONLY!!! so no windows BS. Also the ISA form too. any help is good

You're still on 3.1? BIG respect! I don't know how you've managed...
I'm not sure you can, but try download.com and try a search. Not as good a site as it was in the old days but still worth a look.

He has almost half as many computers as I do.

He has almost half as many computers as I do.

hehe, how many is that? Cripes, I have enough problems keeping this pos working...

hehe, how many is that?

Hrm, I'm not even sure...

/me goes to count

11 or 12 of them are fully functional.

/me goes to count

11 or 12 functional computers? Why don't you start your own chain of computer stores then?

/me goes to count

11 or 12 functional computers? Why don't you start your own chain of computer stores then?

Stupidity cannot be concealed

11 or 12 would be enough for one store, not a chain...
*sigh*

12 machines? Wow, your very own rendering farm. Ok, I guess most of them are 486s and shit anyway...

At least you can have LAN parties whenever you want.

Ok, I guess most of them are 486s and shit anyway...

The majority, yes.

With just two monitors? :P

Besides, what would we play anyways, Warcraft 1?

With just two monitors? :P

Fuck, I have more than 2 monitors. Of course one of them only displays green, so I guess that doesn't count.

YES

YES

Heh, well, I suppose Warcraft 2 *might* run decently on the 486's. I've never tried it though. I still have about 40 or 50 maps I made specifically for multiplayer on a disk somewhere.

The reason WC1 was a pain was because you could only move 4 characters at a time. WC2 had 9 which was a significant improvement, but still a pain when you're leading an all-out assault on somebody's town. Lords of the Realm 2 was good in that respect, although I didn't care for it's gameplay that much.

12 machines? Wow, your very own rendering farm. Ok, I guess most of them are 486s and shit anyway...

I'm not fully "here" right now, so excuse me if this is a stupid idea. I'm sure somebody is already doing this, but I haven't heard about it so: why not set the LAN up like an arcade? I'm sure you could get the game companies involved to agree for a moderate royalty. Basically set up several games on your systems and have it set up so people pay to play against each other. It wouldn't work to well with the older machines you have, but still. Not too bad, is it?

I'm not fully "here" right now, so excuse me if this is a stupid idea. I'm sure somebody is already doing this, but I haven't heard about it so: why not set the LAN up like an arcade? I'm sure you could get the game companies involved to agree for a moderate royalty. Basically set up several games on your systems and have it set up so people pay to play against each other. It wouldn't work to well with the older machines you have, but still. Not too bad, is it?

There are 3 places like that at just 3 blocks from my house.

I could make my own renderfarm. Shit, half my machines are faster than SGI workstations anyway; all I'd need are a few PURE renderers. 17 computers. ^-^ Golly I'm in a bitchy mood this morning. I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll be less bitchy after I get some rest.

On a side note, don't you hate when you open like 32 forum threads and then click "Post Reply" on all of them and then totally forget what you were going to say? Gyeh. I hate that.

You can get your drivers from Creative.com Esoniq is one of their products, or they use creative chips. This is where I had to get mine for an old system I built.

That woulda been a plan back when they were considered better machines.

But remember who you're asking to keep it running.