Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Ramen is delicious

I must epress my absolute love for Chicken Flavored ramen noodles. I swear, they are the best thing in the world.

Post your thoughts on ramen, whether it be their effect on one's health, your favorite flavor, etc.

EDIT - Fied the spelling mistakes, though my (ecks) key is still broken. Oh well :P

I'm finishing a bowl of Mushroom now. I finally tried some with dinner about half a year ago, and quickly developed an odd addiction, perhaps when I realized it was easier and quicker to cook than vegetables. But I only buy that organic whole-wheat-noodled kind, the rest is rather nasty. I've tried Seaweed, Mushroom and Tofu so far. Seaweed is by far my favorite, but WFM was out of it this week :(

Lüt said:

I'm finishing a bowl of Mushroom now. I finally tried some with dinner about half a year ago, and quickly developed an odd addiction, perhaps when I realized it was easier and quicker to cook than vegetables. But I only buy that organic whole-wheat-noodled kind, the rest is rather nasty. I've tried Seaweed, Mushroom and Tofu so far. Seaweed is by far my favorite, but WFM was out of it this week :(

I've never actually tried mushroom, though it sounds pretty good. In all honesty I need to visit the local japanese market in order to get the good stuff + variety. I should also invest in an organic/healthier brand, since I recall a few years ago the doc said I had high blood pressure thanks to all the sodium from the enormus amounts of ramen I was consuming. Despite it's deadliness, it hasn't stopped me from using it to replace meals when I get too lazy to either get something or cook something :P

Miso for me please. It's very hard to track down a bowl here in rural Canada. I usually get it in large ethnic populated cities.

That shit is gross. It's horribly, horribly bad for you. Of course, tortillas and hummus are pretty expensive. Dunno if I can afford any more this week. *munches*

Closest thing to ramen that I like to eat is the cup o noodles, especially the hot & spicy flavors.
lol one time I ran out of drinking water and I was too lazy to get more, i put gatorade instead; that tasted nasty...like koolaid with too much sugar.

I only eat the stuff when I'm too poor to afford anything else.

But I'll have $350 worth in food stamps in 2 days. Wonder what I should stock the kitchen with...

I had a big addiction for ramen noodles when I was in high school. My mom didn't buy them, so I'd usually go over to my friend's house and eat his. I'm a big fan of the beef and chicken flavours. I went through a second wave of addiction when I moved out, since it's also cheap, but I'm kind of bored of them now. Eh, it's a love/hate thing at this point; every few months I'll eat ramen for a week straight, then not touch them for a while.

Sounds disgusting (I mean the soup... okay, I'm biased as I don't eat animals past their egg state, but still). In any case, a picture of it somehow reminded me of a soup with bread and egg that my mom would make when I was small, which was pretty simple but tasty.

It has an incredibly long shelf life too. i've had a couple mixed cases in the 'cupboard' for a long time now and it still taste's fine. sure its high in sodium and the noodle's are lightly fried during processing but it's not as bad as say a couple double cheese burger's and a large fry from mcdonalds. i have used them to get off of fast food before and there also easy to make. really if you look at the sodium levels of some of the campbell's chunkey variety of soup's out there today there pretty high up there in soduim and fat to. oh and not to mention mrs. grass and lipton's chicken noodle soup's -ouch. but if after two week's or so you have found that ramen is pretty much all that you have consumed food wise, then thats a pretty good indication that you need to eat something else (been there)

Ramen was good. Then I went to Japan and had $1.80 ramen at a place called Bikkuri Ramen ("Surprise Ramen"). I now have a very, very hard time eating ramen here, among other things.

Japanese =/= automatically good or awesome

Also i used to like Supernoodles which are probably similar, but i went off them in 1995

Ramen isn't bad for you if you don't use the flavor packets. I use my own mixtures of spices and ingredients to flavor it. If you're feeling experimental, try this: oregano, pepper (or paprika, dissolves better), ground cinnamon (not much), garlic, honey, and a tiny bit of butter (sometimes I leave this out). Boil the ingredients into the water before you add the noodles to distribute evenly throughout the broth (if you enjoy the broth, that is).

This is my favorite mix, but I've tried many others. The amounts of each ingredient are all to personal taste, so experiment a bit until you find a mixture you like.

Megalyth made a point i failed to address in mine. i have also done this with ramen, left the flavor packet out and added minced onions and sometime's a little garlic and even used a little hot sauce to spice it up a bit among other seasonings that i have tried. but the sodium is the hardest part to leave out..

Grazza said:

BTW, Alt+120 = x

Hmm, that is true, isn't it? Excellent! (Damn that's annoying as hell on a laptop w/o a keypad)

Jodwin
You shouldn't eat too much ramen

Bah! A silly superstition if you ask m- CHAKRA MOLD

I was too busy eating Fried Chicken, Meatball Subs, and other manly food items to notice.

Well yeah, you can add stuff to it, but I do that with pasta noodles that are really cheap as well.

Jodwin said:

You shouldn't eat too much ramen, lest you turn into

A weeaboo? Probably.