Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Zero Punctuation

I've seen it, don't know if its timeline, but I really enjoy and consistently watch it :)

He actually lives in my city. I'll be sure to hi-five him if I see him
:P

I love his reviews although I do wish people would stop sighting his Bioshock review as a way to reinforce their "Bioshock sucks" tirades.

PS Anyone played the Trilby games?

I've played one Trilby game.

Well, his review on Bioshock was pretty much head on the nail for me. don't wanna say it sucks. But it's sure as hell not what I wanted.

kristus said:
Well, his review on Bioshock was pretty much head on the nail for me. don't wanna say it sucks. But it's sure as hell not what I wanted.

Oh I agree %100 his review, I just get annoyed with the "HAHA HE TOTALLY RIPPED THAT GAME A NEW ONE IT SUCKS NOW" that usually follows his reviews that seems to miss that a lot of the flaws he's finding are being played for laughs, that's not to say it's not true, but it's usually not game breaking stuff. I could list all kinds of things wrong with doom, half-life and system shock 2 that would all be true but it wouldn't mean the games a terrible.

It pertically bothers me about Bioshock because he actually said "nobody likes it when I'm nice to a game" and "Considering all the horrible things I'm about to say it's still one of the best games of the year", and any time I hear the review cited by any "Hurr modern/popular games suck" nerd rage. It just bothers me when people don't get irony. I almost feel ashamed to admit I like Zero Punctuation the same way I feel ashamed liking Fallout because of No Mutants Allowed.

Short version: I hate you internet.

Edit: I'm sorry, I'll keep the ranting to a minimum. Yahtzee = Really good :D

I've seen all his reviews. It seems like he's an average gamer that is irked by plenty of things that would also bother me. He also manages to make a hilarious presentation out of it. Two thumbs up from me :P

I pretty much agree 100% with him on video games, including the fact that he thinks the epitome of gaming are old adventure games.

I actually have to agree with a lot of aspects of his reviews. Some of the reviews are just plain brutal.

Kristus, like you, someone got me hooked on Zero Punctuation too :P

This extremely amusing! Not only that, his reviews do seem to break down games quite well. I think I'll go look at some more of his reviews

Well, new one in, quite entertaining, if not short, he filled in the last part of the 5 minutes with a weird sketch about TF2.

Danarchy said:

I pretty much agree 100% with him on video games, including the fact that he thinks the epitome of gaming are old adventure games.

Old Man Murray does bring a valid point however concerning "irrational adventure game logic", and that these games probably killed themselves being absurd when all they had to nail right was problem solving.

Simon the sorcerer certainly fits that bill. That game was so absurd that you could throw logic out the window and just hit things randomly until something happened. :p

Full Throttle were pretty decent in that aspect though. Only absurd problem I recall where one where you were told to kick a wall at random places until a hidden entrance would open. Good times.

Zaldron said:

Old Man Murray does bring a valid point however concerning "irrational adventure game logic", and that these games probably killed themselves being absurd when all they had to nail right was problem solving.

True enough, I guess. Space Quest was often difficult beyond belief, but it was also fun to find all the hilarious ways to die in those games. I think Adventure Games were just getting really good when the market fell through on them, though. Freddy Pharcus: Frontier Pharmacist, The Adventures of Willy Beamish, and the Eco Quest games were some of the best but also some of the last. They combined good interactivity and fine graphics with the game quality of their earlier cousins. And I know how much I'm gushing about adventure games here, but I never liked the text-based ones. I pretty much died or gave up within 10 actions of the beginning of all the ones I played. Yeesh.

kristus said:

Simon the sorcerer certainly fits that bill. That game was so absurd that you could throw logic out the window and just hit things randomly until something happened. :p

The 2-pixel rat bone was pretty fucking annoying!

Zaldron said:

The 2-pixel rat bone was pretty fucking annoying!

I seem to remember being stumped by the fact that you had to use the pig on the truffle door to the gingerbread cottage to get inside it. Apparently pigs are used to search for truffles or something.

fraggle said:

I seem to remember being stumped by the fact that you had to use the pig on the truffle door to the gingerbread cottage to get inside it. Apparently pigs are used to search for truffles or something.

Heh yeah.

Or in two, where you had to bring out a puppy and use magic on it, turn it into a pair of slippers and sneak past a sleeping guard.