Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksej

Can't find DOOM 2: Hell On Earth titlepic poster

Lost it somewhere on my disks, now searching internet and can't find.
Actually this is not scanned paper poster, just hi-res doom2 titlepic version without DOOM II logo. Very famous picture.

Too bad I can't remember a place in single-player Doom 2 where the marine fights a Cyberdemon outdoors.

I also never remember Doomguy having such an atrocious; not to mention seemingly impossible, haircut.

Bank said:

I also never remember Doomguy having such an atrocious; not to mention seemingly impossible, haircut.

That haircut was shown on the boxart for both Doom2 and PsxDoom..

Kaiser said:

That haircut was shown on the boxart for both Doom2 and PsxDoom..

Um..not really. The PSX version shows him from the front, with an albeit spiky but mostly normal looking buzz. This thing shows him with what I can only assume is 12 different Widows Peaks around the entire circumference of his head.

This certainly makes a whole lot more sense than Brom's version (Doom II)

That guy on the Playstation box is pretty horrid. I agree with Kaiser they were likely imitating the DOOM II artwork.

printz said:
Too bad I can't remember a place in single-player Doom 2 where the marine fights a Cyberdemon outdoors.

Map13 in Coop mode would suit that pic.

Bank said:

The guy on the ENDPIC for Thy Flesh Consumed has it. It was drawn after the DOOM II title pic, of course, and thus inspired on it.

I do prefer the doomguy on the status bar to these pics with weird haircuts, though.

The guy on the ENDPIC for Thy Flesh Consumed has it. It was drawn after the DOOM II title pic, of course, and thus inspired on it.

Thanks, only now I've noticed that. I thought the haircut at TFC's ending is different and plain, making me assume that guy's not necessarily Marine. Now I know he really is.

I do prefer the doomguy on the status bar to these pics with weird haircuts, though.

I assume the designers chose that teeth-like cut, to keep on style with the demons. Maybe Marine would have resembled the Wolf3D guy if he had kept his classic haircut.

What I've always found interesting is that in-game the positions of the cyberdemon and the marine in the titlepic are switched. What's up with that?

Someone post that Contra bulldog like Cyberdemon poster art that was scarped for this.

No company off-sources game art anymore. All they do now is slap on a high-res game model adding a few filters and they now have a box art. The original doom poster was done in colored pencil and this one obviously water.

Technician said:

Someone post that Contra bulldog like Cyberdemon poster art that was scarped for this.

Couldn't find that, but did find this

Bank said:

Couldn't find the URL, but I did find this

Wow, this is how the Doom 3 Cyberdemon looks like. But both yours and myk's found pictures look like cartoon versions of Doom.

Prince of Darkness said:

I think only "Billy Ray Cyrus" had a mullet of that magnitude.

Never underestimate a guy who puts his name in the title of every game he makes.