Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.TF

Doom Demo Browser [v2.0b2]

Squonk said:

Something weird : e4cn0857 desynchs when using your program. With the same glboomplus but without your program, the demo works.

My application always uses -complevel 2, in most of the cases it works pretty well, but seems this demo doesn't. The solution is -auto command.

Squonk said:

BTW, what is the -auto command for? When I tick this box, it launchs e4cn0857 with doom2.wad...

Visit Easier way to watch demos topic.

Mr.TF said:
My application always uses -complevel 2, in most of the cases it works pretty well, but seems this demo doesn't. The solution is -auto command.

Well, all the demos for episodes 1-4 (whether movies or single level runs) were recorded with the executable included with The Ultimate DOOM ("Doom v1.9u") and thus use compatibility level 3, so it would make sense for the program to always use 3 when "Ultimate Doom" is chosen at the top.

The only demos that are unreliable are Final DOOM demos, as some were recorded with the included executable ("Doom v1.9f") and some with DOOM II's (Doom v1.9 proper). The former using compatibility level 4, and the latter 2.

A suggestion, you should also support hrmus, mmmus, mm2mus... That would be nice :)

Okey, if i get time and mood, I will improve it. :) Final doom issue will be solved with info file parsing ;).

Some news: I started rewriting this whole mess... The new major version will be much more professional, considering 1.x was just really a RAD without any design.

Here's a screenshot, which shows how I imagine the new interface.

http://www.flamich.com/tamas/Pages/DownloadFile.aspx?file=ddb2.PNG

The whole browsing structure will be configurable from an XML file. This is the main part (I think it is quite self-evident ):

<wad name="Doom II">
<playbackModes default="1">
   <playbackMode id="1" name="Prboom" playerId="1" commandline="-iwad DOOM2 -complevel 2"/>
</playbackModes>
<maps sequenceType="continuous">
  <map episode="0" level="1" name="Entryway"/>
  .... etc
</maps>
<demos>
  <demoGroup name="Normal demos">
     <demoCategory name="UV Speed" rootId="0" path="doom2\speed" filter="lv{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="UV Max" rootId="0" path="doom2\max" filter="lv{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="NM Speed" rootId="0" path="doom2\nmare" filter="nm{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="NS 100" rootId="0" path="doom2\nm100s" filter="ns{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="Pacifist" rootId="0" path="doom2\pacifist" filter="pa{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="Fast" rootId="0" path="doom2\fast" filter="fa{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="Respawn" rootId="0" path="doom2\respawn" filter="re{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     <demoCategory name="Tyson" rootId="0" path="doom2\tyson" filter="ty{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
     </demoGroup>
  <demoGroup name="Movies">
     <demoGroup name="01-10 movies">
        <demoCategory name="UV Speed / Max" rootId="0" path="doom2\speed" filter="lv{0}{1}.\d\d\d\.zip"/>
      ...etc
   </demoGroup>
   ...etc

<demoGroup name="Coop">
      ..etc
    </demoGroup>
  </demos>
</wad>
Note: demoCategory.filter is a regular expression

demoCategory.rootId and playbackMode.playerId derives from this part:
<demoPlayers>
   <demoPlayer id="1" name="Prboom path"/>
</demoPlayers>
<demoDirectoryRoots>
   <demoDirectoryRoot id="1" name="Compet-n database directory" />
</demoDirectoryRoots>
It makes possible to customize your own browser and share it, what makes the development of a public structure faster and easier. This would be the main feature of this new version.

If you have any palatial idea please tell me, because it is much easier to implement in the start of the development.

UPDATE --> 2008.02.01

Demo analysis is implemented
All Compet-N wads are supported

great idea! but i can't find the file, are you replacing it with a newer version?

While the thread and the first post initially share the same title, editing the post won't modify the thread's name.