Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Enjay

Doom Legacy old version?

Does anyone know where I can get an old version of Doom Legacy that still has the original almost-transparent water effect in it (and the map waterlab.wad too, if possible)? I think the version I need is ver 1.12 and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Thanks for trying but, no, it doesn't seem to have the effect. Nor does the file legacy120.zip in the same directory. :(

I've been begging for this water effect to be added to zdoom or eternity but no one wants to mess with it. :(

Oh yeah, I loved that effect. I remember making a Ni'mrod map with that effect; it was a dark outdoor scene, but I used fullbright in the rivers to give it a surprisingly surreal glow.

Also, if it's of any concern to anybody I have v1.40 of the engine.

For the most part, when playing Legacy on my win 98 game box, I still use 132 Beta 4 and 132 beta 5 with the occasional usage of 1.40. They all still run just great on that old box. I just love the smooth mouse with that port.

I'm gonna make an old game box too, I always used 1.32 with Glide, and it seemed to run flawlessly. That water effect was always topic of much discussion at the Legacy forums, the replacement of GL water (a simple flat transparent plane) being a less than adequate replacement.

I've been wondering what that water effect looked like ever since I first started hearing people talk about it over at New Doom; now that I've seen it, I have to say it looks mighty fine, definitely would be something cool to have in the newer source ports.

Who knows, maybe smite will add it back into Legacy 2.0.

iori said:

I'm gonna make an old game box too, I always used 1.32 with Glide, and it seemed to run flawlessly.

I saw that option; makes me want to go and get one of my old Voodoo's to try it out with. I think I still have a old Voodoo 3 around here somewhere...

Legacy was great when you had Glide running on it. I used almost every old version back then to play split-screen with my friends. And then we learned about skinning the characters. Fun times. **

yeah, half of the fun with legacy back in the day was that you could run it on voodoo hardware at high resolutions with no slowdown. That and the splitscreen deathmatches.