Creationist theory involving human alien gods
Racism
Transcendence into God hood
Polygamy
Israelites portrayed as Indians

hahaha

"endless celestial sex"

"joseph smith, who was known for his tall tales"

Offensive bullshit like this belongs in post hell! What if some of the members on this website are Mormon? And you're making fun of their religion!

Grow up!

Cyberdemon II said:

Offensive bullshit like this belongs in post hell! What if some of the members on this website are Mormon? And you're making fun of their religion!

Grow up!

What if they are? If the religion is being presented satirically I think they know that.

Oh btw nice original moniker.

Actually, while facetious, it's mocking beliefs that were or were part of Mormonism, as some have been dropped (eg. plural marriage) in the face of severe criticism and national opposition.

Consider also Joseph Smith's fate. He was killed in retribution for attacking a Mormon-run press that criticized him and many of his beliefs. Leave the censoring to ol' Joseph.

Bank said:

What if they are?
Oh btw nice original moniker.

What if they are? I think that some of them will be offended, but I can see u don't give a shit!

Just because its being presented satirically it doesn't mean that its not going to offend people.

exp(x) said:

Why?

So that u don't hurt their feelings. People are entitled to believe in whatever they want, as long as it doesn't lead in a bad direction.

Cyberdemon II said:
Just because its being presented satirically it doesn't mean that its not going to offend people.

Excuse me, are you a Mormon and and offended by this, or are you insinuating satire and mockery are off bounds when it comes to religion?

In fact, what religion offers at its worst is sanctimoniousness, a lack of sense of humor, and the inability to cope with differing ideas.

myk said:

Excuse me, are you a Mormon and and offended by this, or are you insinuating satire and mockery are off bounds when it comes to religion?

In fact, what religion offers at its worse is sanctimoniousness, a lack of sense of humor, and the inability to cope with differing ideas.

No I am not a Mormon, but yes I think satire and mockery should be off bounds when it comes to religion (people's beliefs).

Btw, sanctimoniousness is the fault of the people, not the religion. Yes, there are often corrupt people in the church, mosque etc, but this is their own fault, not the fault of religion. People often distort religion in order to suit themselves.

Satire, mockery, and freedom of expression should never be off grounds. Yes it may offend people, and it may insult their personal beliefs, but if you're so insecure in your beliefs that you truly find a cartoon deeply offensive then you really need to rethink why you believe in what you do, because it doesn't seem to be very concrete. Besides, if something offends a person of a certain religion or belief system, let them speak up, explain why it's offensive, and present valid arguments on why the subject is biased or incorrect. Don't run around being a crusader for people who haven't asked for your help. Besides, Mormonism is hilarious when you look at the history of it. As are virtually all religions. Your faith isn't that important, valuable, and meaningful to you if a cartoon on the internet threatens it. If you can't take a joke then you're going to have a hard time in the world.

Heh, this video...

1). Awesome rotoscoping, actually
2). Jesus looks so damn cocky when everyone votes for him
3). God knocking on Mary's door so he can slip her his celestial salami
4). No, followers of Lucifer, YOU are the demons!

Cyberdemon II said:
Btw, sanctimoniousness is the fault of the people, not the religion. Yes, there are often corrupt people in the church, mosque etc, but this is their own fault, not the fault of the religion.

You cannot really separate religion form the people that profess it. Less so in a case like this, where the ideas and concepts criticized or mocked belong to the founder, who in his own time eventually drew criticism from among his own ranks and others in the Restoration movement, with his life ending in a conflict due to that, with some viewing him as a martyr, others as a fool. Besides, the more moderate LDS Church members will bring similar points up against more fundamentalist Mormons.

Jello said:

Satire, mockery, and freedom of expression should never be off grounds. Yes it may offend people, and it may insult their personal beliefs, but if you're so insecure in your beliefs that you truly find a cartoon deeply offensive then you really need to rethink why you believe in what you do, because it doesn't seem to be very concrete. Besides, if something offends a person of a certain religion or belief system, let them speak up, explain why it's offensive, and present valid arguments on why the subject is biased or incorrect. Don't run around being a crusader for people who haven't asked for your help. Besides, Mormonism is hilarious when you look at the history of it. As are virtually all religions. Your faith isn't that important, valuable, and meaningful to you if a cartoon on the internet threatens it. If you can't take a joke then you're going to have a hard time in the world.

Since when does being offended by a cartoon mean that you're insecure in your beliefs? And you also say that your faith isn't that important, valuable, and meaningful to you if a cartoon on the internet threatens it? If a cartoon on the internet makes insults at someone's beliefs, u mean u expect them not to be offended by it? They have every right to be, because u are not showing any respect for them. And you have the cheek to say that if someone is offended then just let them speak up. How about u don't offend them in the firstplace and then they won't need to speak up, will they? And if you are offended by mockery against your religion then it means your faith IS VERY important, valuable, and meaningful to you. Why would u be offended if it wasn't important to u?

And I can take a joke, provided that its a decent one.

Cyberdemon II said:
If a cartoon on the internet makes insults at someone's beliefs, u mean u expect them not to be offended by it? They have every right to be, because u are not showing any respect for them.

When I respect anyone, I frankly tell them about anything I feel is wrong with them, what they do, or they express.

And if you are offended by mockery against your religion then it means your faith IS VERY important, valuable, and meaningful to you. Why would u be offended if it wasn't important to u?

That's precisely how insane or highly neurotic people react when someone brings up or exposes the workings of their mental dysfunctions. Sane people take criticism or satire without offense and leave defense for when they are truly threatened.

That is, another of the pitfalls of religion is that its precepts are social and popular, yet it is often taken as if it were intimately personal. If you are part of a religion that is part of society, be sure it will face criticism and will be opposed by many very different perspectives. Know well many may well consider it truly ridiculous, and it is only natural for them to express it.

A truly strong faith is in oneself; since its between you and what you believe or feel part of (God, or whatever), which is at least as great as, if not greater than, all creation, you are not moved to fear or spite when someone does not share it or expresses a strong opposing position. You are expecting them, if not welcoming them, to do so, in fact, and in turn solidly and evenly express your faith whether in action or words.

Hmmm, I did a bit of internet research on Mormonism and it comes up with pretty much the same stuff shown in that video.

I thought that the video was made as a complete mockery and insult, but according to the information I researched over the past few hours, I found out that its what the mormons REALLY DO believe, and the video was not a mockery at all. It was about the history of mormonism. And yes, a few of you did try to tell me that it was mormon history, but I was a poofter and didn't listen.

I apologize for being a dickhead and making a stupid argument over nothing.

POTGIESSER said:A marvelous tale:
Creationist theory involving human alien gods
Racism
Transcendence into God hood
Polygamy
Israelites portrayed as Indians

I think you forgot sexism on that list.

Religion is a spiritual drug which can keep you in feer... What ? I offend someone ? :P
More seriously, hilarous vid', but what are exacts beliefs from mormons ? (because it make me laugh a lot, but I don't know if it is close to the truth, sorry for my lack of knowledge about that).

No I am not a Mormon, but yes I think satire and mockery should be off bounds when it comes to religion (people's beliefs).

You sound like the traitors we have in Britian who support the idea of "tolerance zones" for Sharia law, little pockets of Afghanistan within the very birthplace of parliamentary democracy. Hang them all. After reaching a consensus for hanging in an open debate. Obviously.

Cyberdemon II said:

So that u don't hurt their feelings. People are entitled to believe in whatever they want, as long as it doesn't lead in a bad direction.

What orifice are you pulling this out of? "Leading" to a "bad direction" cancels out people's entitlement to believe whatever they want?

And what makes you think anyone has a right to NOT have their feelings hurt?

Danarchy said:

4). No, followers of Lucifer, YOU are the demons!

And then Lucifer was a zombie.