Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

IMP file

Uh...I know I am at risk of getting bashed for this, but what the hell is an IMP file and what the hell uses it?

He's talking about .lmp , a LUMP file, it's what holds specifics of games like the Textures, music, etc. Mainly most .lmp files made are for music to replace.

oh duh, why didnt I get that? :P

@Stick: You dont have to export to the .lmp format, just import it using XWE or SLumpEd and it will be readable by Doom (if named correctly (replacement) or called up somehow, like a new texture, DeHackEd lump, or a ZDoom script)

Exporting files from a wad using said editors sometimes output to the .lmp extension, in which you can just rename to the proper extension (ie, .bmp, .mid, etc)

Steeveeo said:

oh duh, why didnt I get that? :P

@Stick: You dont have to export to the .lmp format, just import it using XWE or SLumpEd and it will be readable by Doom (if named correctly (replacement) or called up somehow, like a new texture, DeHackEd lump, or a ZDoom script)

Exporting files from a wad using said editors sometimes output to the .lmp extension, in which you can just rename to the proper extension (ie, .bmp, .mid, etc)

Actually a Doom picture lump is not a bitmap and must be converted into one. If you export a Doom graphic as a raw lump, it will be generally useless for all intents and purposes. Luckily, most lump editors let you export to .bmp

Ah, well, ya learn something new every day, I thought they were all just 8 bit bmps, trust me to not know all the mechanics of something before shooting my mouth off...again...