Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

mmm,radiation.

Wasn't it supposed to be good but was then in development hell for ages, then the devs got bought up by a load of suits who said that it "wasnt what people wanted" and turned it into yet another ordinary shooter, way too fast for the programmers to implement the changes properly, and then rushed it out with a ton of bugs?

I havent ran into many bugs.The models disappear occasionally.But apparently it was good enough to warrant the sequel Clear Sky.The only thing I had a problem with was that you couldn't repair guns or modify them.You didn't get the exosuit(Stalkers version of Power armor)til the very end,and You pretty much have only one faction to join.I tried joining freedom but then I had to go against duty and they controlled every friggin checkpoint.So if you wanted to get to any of the civilized areas you had to have a damn gunfight.It's just a waste of bullets.

With the right mix of mods it's an amazing game, but out of the box...

Haloless0320 said:

I havent ran into many bugs.The models disappear occasionally.But apparently it was good enough to warrant the sequel Clear Sky.The only thing I had a problem with was that you couldn't repair guns or modify them.You didn't get the exosuit(Stalkers version of Power armor)til the very end,and You pretty much have only one faction to join.I tried joining freedom but then I had to go against duty and they controlled every friggin checkpoint.So if you wanted to get to any of the civilized areas you had to have a damn gunfight.It's just a waste of bullets.

you might enjoy Oblivion Lost if you feel up to playing it again

deathbringer said:
Wasn't it supposed to be good but was then in development hell for ages, then the devs got bought up by a load of suits who said that it "wasnt what people wanted" and turned it into yet another ordinary shooter, way too fast for the programmers to implement the changes properly, and then rushed it out with a ton of bugs?

some of the original ideas where a little wonky, for example, "race other stalkers to the end of the game" is a bad idea in a game about exploring.

I do wish they'd kept more of the survival stuff in it.

Captain Red said:

some of the original ideas where a little wonky, for example, "race other stalkers to the end of the game" is a bad idea in a game about exploring.

I do wish they'd kept more of the survival stuff in it.

If they'd put more options in there like attatching artifacts to weapons or at least allowing you to repair weapons it would have been alot better.

BJ Blazkowicz said:

Except Fallout is a classic.

I know,I'm just waiting for fallout 3.I mean the elderscroll series has always been one of the best series out there(final fantasy sucks)and now that they own the rights to fallout they have to have good things planned for it.

My biggest complaint of Stalker was the time sensitivity of certain side quests. The arena was fun, but sometimes winning the later challenges just felt like dumb luck when the AI manages to screw up after X amount of tries. I also found it fun going homicidal and killing most of the NPC's I encountered. Something comical about stabbing a guy in a post apocalyptic wasteland just for bologna and a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. energy drink.

Pity you couldn't completely wipe out a whole faction as eventually more soldiers would spawn again in that area.

Well Captain red suggested that I download Oblivion Lost.I did and it makes the game alot more interesting.

1.Armor and Weapons are repairable
2.Night is alot darker(I've taken to camping out at night just so I wouldn't run into any mutant Hordes)
3.Vehicles
4.New Monsters;Chimera,Dwarf,Psi-Dog,Zombies(not Zombified stalkers)
2 boss mutants.
5.The game is open ended.
6.Anomaly activation(You can use an artifact to create an anomaly that it was created it.)

Try the mod out,it's pretty good.

POTGIESSER said:

I also found it fun going homicidal and killing most of the NPC's I encountered. Something comical about stabbing a guy in a post apocalyptic wasteland just for bologna and a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. energy drink.

Haha, that WAS fun. I once did that in the city that has the arena and jut went fucking nuts on anyone I saw. They eventually got me down, but I had my fun until more military spawned.

I wasn't too impressed with Stalker. Had good graphics and whatnot, but after the end of the game, there wasn't much else for you to do. Plenty of side quests, sure, but its also limited to being able to go to certain places. Long story short, it tried to seem non-linear whilst still being linear in the long run.

Sadly enough, I have uninstalled it already and the discs are at home, so I won't be able to check out the recommended mod. Oh well

Haloless0320 said:
I know,I'm just waiting for fallout 3.I mean the elderscroll series has always been one of the best series out there(final fantasy sucks)and now that they own the rights to fallout they have to have good things planned for it.

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to Fallout 3; Bethesda is involved.

the only reason why i am not more excited than i am about fallout3 is that oblivion was very disappointing for me.
although, i have read the interviews where we are reassured that it will be very much a fallout game that fans of the series should love.
we'll see.

I played Oblivion for months on end, for many of the reasons that people say it was inferior to morrowind (which I gave up on after the first 20 minutes).

Not that Oblivion didn't have it's share of problems though. I'm really hoping Bethesda has learned what not to do, and why a fallout game cannot be anything like Oblivion. According to most of the press they sound like they treating it with respect. I'm optimistic!

I'm really glad this thread was created. I received Fallout 2 from a friend a good 4 years ago, and all I can remember is that I got pissed off in the first temple, deleted it, and moved on. I tried playing it again and I must say it's one of the most engrossing games I've ever played. Hell, it even gave me a sense of accomplishment once I figured out how to control my character and switch between functions. I think it would've been a lot better if they would've made it so you weren't yelling "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MISS WITH A GODDAMN SPEAR?" for the first two hours, but once you get firearms and start stealing, the game is extremely fun. The non-linearity and the fact that your stats actually affect how the game plays is pretty enjoyable. I've always kind of wanted to play Shadows of Chernobyl, but the last I really looked into it was before it was released, when it was still promising the world. I'd still like to play it though, however, no demo has been released yet, and I have a feeling it would rape my computer and never call it in the morning.

Jello said:

and I have a feeling it would rape my computer and never call it in the morning.

Well right now I'm running it with minimal lag
Geforce 6150LE w/ 256 ram
1 gig of ram
dual core (Forgot what cpu I've got)

Granted Im running with the video settings about 3 quarters down but thankfully the guys at thq made it so you can disable full dynamic lighting.