Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Speedmapping Resurrected

Sargebaldy announced (in the News Submission forum, although you're not supposed to post about your own projects, and I don't know how many more times I'll have to explain that) that another Speedmapping session run by him will be held, after a long hiatus, on Sunday, February 24. Gather in #zdoom (on irc.oftc.net) at 11:00 AM PST, 19:00 GMT, 14:00 EST, or "3:00 Macau Standard Time" if you wish to participate.

Hard to believe it's been almost a year. I'll probably do a map again this time.

Sargebaldy said:

Gather in #zdoom (on irc.oftc.net) at 11:00 AM PST, 9:00 GMT, 14:00 EST, or "3:00 Macau Standard Time" if you wish to participate.

Can anyone recommend a decent IRC client? A Google search doesn't turn up anything useful (mIRC is NOT decent, more like crap :p)

I use Internet Doom Explorer for irc but you can also use trilian (not yet tested if the basic version give an access to irc).
Maybe JChatIRC ?

Nuxius said:

Can anyone recommend a decent IRC client? A Google search doesn't turn up anything useful (mIRC is NOT decent, more like crap :p)

Xchat. I assume you're using Windows since you mentioned mIRC. It is available for other platforms here.

If your using Firefox, you can grab the Chatzilla IRC client. I use it, and it works well enough.

Doubt I can make it one of these speedmapping sessions, though I'd really enjoy it :(

Yay speedmapping :D
But I dunno about the time however. :/
Isn't it got to be one hour later than normal?
Maybe I just got that wrong.

Torn : one hour later you can speedmap some Plutonia 2 or Flashback stuff :D

Thanks for the IRC client recommendations, K!r4, exp(x) and Mechadon. Really appreciate it. :)

Memfis said:

Whats wrong?Where is next contest?

This doesn't happen every Sunday, only every once in a blue moon. :p I mean look, the last one was almost a year ago. (heh)

Memfis said:

Whats wrong?Where is next contest?
And will you send sbspd020.wad to idgames?

I might hold another session in a few weeks or so, but as Nuxius says it's not always a regular event. And I just uploaded the wad to /incoming.

Mancubus II said:

I noticed that as well. Also, it's evidently a new policy, because I was able to announce speedmapping last time. I kind of thought that was the point.

Sign in to follow this