stickguy5000

Favorite Wad Ever?

Action Doom
Abyss
Uhm.. Deus Vult
Suspended in Dusk
Simplicity
and... Congestion 1024.

Congestion 1024 will always be my absolute favorite.

Final Fantasy Doom is top on my list, fun, colorful, and who doesn't like to be a moggle?
lower is Chex Quest, no reason just a fun game ^_^
then Scythe/2
Action Doom
KDiZD
Aliens TC
Hell Revealed

to name a few

Bank said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one in this thread who doesn't appreciate a healthy dose of ACTION!

Wait, you don't appreciate action? Or do you only appreciate unhealthy doses?

Reckoner said:

The latter.

See, I can so turn typos around : )

Reckoner said:

Overdose or underdose? We can't let Bank off the hook that easily :-)

DOOM II: Hell on Earth

Mainly because of how well it's been played (both personally and by others) through the years, as a whole in single player and Cooperative modes, and on a few select levels in DeathMatch mode.

Otherwise there are too many good wads to pick a favorite one for any (other) reason.

Grazza said:

Hell Revealed

I think it's the best choice in term of influence on the following projects wich have been released since.
And after a week of playing Hr2, I think the first is far the better.

I like

Crusades-It looks really good and isn't too large.

Knee Deep In ZDOOM-I love how detailed and complicated it is.

This wad I forgot its name but it has a big battle in it that you see through a window.

Scythe- Because its so simple and doesn't hurt my head!

The 10 Sectors contribution by the same guy who made nuts I forgot what it was called though

Aside from some of the wads already mentioned here, alsdoom.wad, eaxt.wad, fort4.wad, Realm of Shades and Vae Victus 2.

User made .wads, I would have to go with Alien Vendetta. TRW! was really enjoyable as well when I went through it with the mouac/soldiers stockpile weapons mod. A very well made city themed .wad + an m16? Win!

My top 5:

1. Eternal Doom 1-3
2. Memento Mori II
3. Alien Vendetta
4. Icarus AV
5. Requiem

I have replied in threads like this one with a simialar list, although they may have not been in the exact same order, or perhaps some of the wads were different. Either way, I will just say how I feel right now:

1. Operation: Biowar (biowar.wad) <-- First pwad I ever played, and I still consider it kick-ass today. I like the new gfx and the level design, and it fits well with Mark Klem's awesome music.

2. Massmouth 2 <-- This has to be the most awesome zdoom tc I ever stumbled upon.

3. Requiem <-- Its a rare thing for me to finish a megawad, so if I did complete it, it must have been pretty damn good. This, along with biowar, was another great wad with cool music and graphics that I reached to the end.

4. Twilight Zone 2 <-- Nice mix of Hexen and doom, along with neat music, and for some reason, the simple plot kept me wanting to play all the way through :P.

5. Marswar <-- Although not the first pwad I played, it was definitely one of the earliest. I simply remember thoroughly enjoying the levels in this megawad, and for some reason I keep wanting to replay it :P.

kaiser_wilhelm said:

The 10 Sectors contribution by the same guy who made nuts I forgot what it was called though

Huh? The guy who made nuts is BPRD, but he doesn't have anything in 10sectors.