Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

Final Voom release

Utter Rubbish design but the Gameplay is okay. We all have to start somewhere. It took me several months to get going and I think you'll make better levels in the future thats for sure.

You need to improve on Doors and Texture Alignment, once you get that right you are on your way!

A way to Align textures is X and Y offsetting. In Doombuilder's 3D mode look at the wall and press A to align. Above and Below textures on windows must be upper and lower unpegged.

You need to improve on Doors, a good example below.

..............=-------------------
...............|
.--=------=
..|D|sector| Outdoor
..|O|.72...| Area
..|O|height| 128 in height
..|R|.........|
.--=------=
...............|
..............=-------------------

The Titlepic was very funny. :D

Oh boy a mini episode how fun... http://files.filefront.com/Voom+2wad/;9730787;/fileinfo.html

ok well the story follows the first voom (the real second voom is in the works) you go back to earth at the end of the first one and battle a cyb then after killing it or running away you go into a tomb for protection, and then you battle through the tomb and caves and then finally escape. I used alot of castlevania 64 tunes.

\ /
<('_')>

Ok, the first map was a little too easy! also the door textures were unpegged which you may have wanted to do but I noticed you set other textures to unpegged so that may have been intentional. However, it did make your map look unprofessional. The layout of that map was way too easy as well. it was just a no brainer! The second level had some good points but the main problem was you didnt give me enough ammo to kill everything! I had to use fists but had a hard time fighting through everything and could not kill all of the enemies. Was there a secret bezerk pack? The next map however, I did enjoy! it was much nicer looking and more well thought out than the other maps although you did misalign some textures. also I noticed that you tried to use lighting which was a nice touch. The last level was not so fun because it was just a cyber demon fight which isnt too exciting.

I fixed your third map and made it look a little better, I can e-mail it to you if you like. I just aligned textures and made things look less akward its almost exactly the same as you intended.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.
The first thread is for Vooom.wad, the second for Voom.wad and this one's for Voom_2.wad. :P