Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards

I just thought I would let people know what I plan to do for the Cacowards this year. Instead of keeping track of all the maps I play and rating them I am going to try something different. With the absence of /Newstuff I can't keep track of releases as well as I once could and, moreimportantly, it is too time consuming for me to try and play that many levels.

This year, probably the final week of November, I will make a thread and ask people to list wads that THEY played this year that were great. I will play the suggested maps and then make the final list for the awards. I enjoy putting the Cacowards together each year, but I really need community help keeping track of all the releases so I don't miss anything important. This is just a heads up so everyone can keep a mental list of projects that interest them that they would like to see nominated at the end of the year. If something you liked doesn't get nominated, you can't blame me for not knowing about it.

Aww...every time I play a newly released WAD that I think deserves consideration, I think to myself, "Hey, I hope someone remembers this WAD for the Cacowards!", but then I always just put it out of my mind with the confidence that good old Scuba Steve is keeping tally and will give it its deserts. Now I will actually have to keep note of the good WADs I play.

Kaiser said:

DEATHZ0R, GET BACK TO WORK YOU BUM >:(

He said his last newstuff, unless I missed one made during his eventual short escape escape, that he'll be away for awhile, to watch us cry.

Scuba Steve means quality.

But yeah I think the idea's a good one. I'd personally nominate Enjay's latest release right off the bat.

I think I'll hop on the "where /newstuff?" bandwagon too. :P

When he finally does get around to doing it, there should be a lot of stuff to go through.

Necros20 said:

I just have a question, why do you use a chaos serpent to represent the Mordeth award?

Because Gaston legally acquired the copyrighted sprites from Raven Software.

:P

Necros20 said:

I just have a question, why do you use a chaos serpent to represent the Mordeth award?

Play Mordeth episode 1.

Did that clause from thread's top apply in the end? I don't remember a thread spawning in November 2008 urgently asking players what have they played. I wouldn't trust it much, because only a handful may have played something big from that year, and possibly not even all.