Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Doom Caribbean: Life's a Beach

As founded out by NewDoom.com:

You can download it from the link provided on its YouTube video site: http://fathax.com/wadhost/files/vacav11.zip

In case that doesn't work, I've backed it up on my university host: http://students.washington.edu/hp1985/vacav11.zip

A refresher from the standard doom and gloom atmosphere of most wad, this light-hearted mod could use some refinement in level design, but it is what it is and definitely worth a spin. Someone needs to upload it to Idgames Archive fast! The squirt guns are awesome!

It certainly is pretty, but what baffles me is that the water guns have different ammunition!

Looks pretty interesting, judging by the video. Never played whatever Duke mod this is supposed to be based off of (according to the YouTube page), though.

Downloading now. :)

Nuxius said:

Looks pretty interesting, judging by the video. Never played whatever Duke mod this is supposed to be based off of (according to the YouTube page), though.

Downloading now. :)

Its the Duke Nukem 3D: Carribean - Lifes a beach. It was ok for awhile and a few levels were confusing. Other then that its a fun mod. Might try it for doom.

wow, mods lifting directly from copyrighted commercial expansion packs, how low!!! That's why it won't get upped to idgames/

leileilol said:

wow, mods lifting directly from copyrighted commercial expansion packs, how low!!! That's why it won't get upped to idgames/

Yeah man, just like how Alien Vendetta, Scythe 2, and GothicDM aren't in idgames for all those Heretic/Hexen/Final Doom/Ultimate Doom textures, right!!!

While using stuff without permission is lame already, wholesale or mass ripping to reuse some one else's theme is even worse. Besides, this seems much more fitting for Duke Nukem, so why not just get the original thing?

I agree it shouldn't be on idgames, regardless of what's on it already.

myk said:

While using stuff without permission is lame already, wholesale or mass ripping to reuse some one else's theme is even worse.

Because a vacation on the Caribbean is definitely someone's own theme in particular, and couldn't be used by anyone else. Just like zombies in space, gothic castles and many others are. Damn! Why didn't the guys at iD come up with their own themes instead of using hell! That's just so lame!

Okay, while that wasn't your point, it's still a pretty stupid argument in itself.

Jodwin said:
Okay, while that wasn't your point, it's still a pretty stupid argument in itself.

Sure it would be stupid, as authorship doesn't concern general ideas, only specific designs. But like you say, it wasn't my point :p

Meh. Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the original running on the BUILD engine.

Fun game, was there in the ZDaemon server over a month ago during testing. Beat it almost twice. Great conversion.