Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot202

noob problem with door

Hi
Just today I started into the doom editing thing, and of course I made a tiny map to see how things work. I was trying to make a door, and it sort of works, but when the map starts, the door is open, when i walk to it and activate it, it sounds like its opening, then a few seconds later, it closes, and now it begins to work like it was intended. The door was made following the process explained in the doom wikia and seeing how the doors were made in map01 in doom2, but still i can't figure it out why it starts open. Could you help me?

This is my map
The door is the closest "hole" on the right after you start.

maggot202 said:

.... but still i can't figure it out why it starts open. Could you help me?

I haven't looked at your wad (I don't have WinRar installed on this computer), but it sounds like you have the ceiling of the door sector raised to the height of the surrounding sector's ceiling.

Make sure that the ceiling height of the door is the same as the floor height of the door sector. For example, if the floor height of the door sector is 0, make sure that the ceiling height of the door is also 0. This will make sure that the door is closed when the map starts.

Good luck.

Wow, thanks a lot, that solved the problem :). I wish i was interested in making some wads two months ago, because in two days my university semester starts and i wont have much time between partying and studying :P.