Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Strife editing questions

Is there a way to make the Strife characters dynamic, by making them move, disappear or appear after a dialogue? Or toggle their wandering/hostile/translucent flags?

Also, is the Blackbird voice male or female?

Last but not least, do you people have ideas of what to make? I'm thinking of a Doom/Strife hybrid, but with Strife everything, which takes place on alien spaceships and planets (moons), with many Specters but also Acolytes around.

Don't expect, on having posted this thread, that I'm gonna start mapping for Strife rightaway.

printz said:

Is there a way to make the Strife characters dynamic, by making them move, disappear or appear after a dialogue? Or toggle their wandering/hostile/translucent flags?

As I understand, Strife scripting works quite differently, and a bit awkward, according to some people (I guess it's in part because the source code was never officially released - last I heard, it 'got lost'). But I'm pretty sure it's possible - notice how the doctor and arms dealer make that 'you seem to have enough!' pose?

then, printz said:

Also, is the Blackbird voice male or female?

I'm pretty sure he's a woman, dude.

after which printz continued:
Last but not least, do you people have ideas of what to make? I'm thinking of a Doom/Strife hybrid, but with Strife everything, which takes place on alien spaceships and planets (moons), with many Specters but also Acolytes around.

With Doom/Strife hybrid, do you mean a mixture of the two stories? Or a Doom-oriented story in the Strife-specific engine? I suppose you could make it a story about how Doomguy escaped from Hell, slaughtered all the demons on Earth (or so he thought) and finds himself in a peaceful city where some Unnamed Atrocious Company is experimenting on some captured demons, trying to crossbreed them with humans to make the ultimate soldier... From there, you can either decide to have the UAC being taken over by them (the Front vs the Order kinda thing), or some escaped and and and well something from there. Too tired to think right now.

and finally, printz signed off with the words:
Don't expect, on having posted this thread, that I'm gonna start mapping for Strife rightaway.

Well, you may want to practice a bit in it, play around with some options, have some personal speedmapping sessions (usually helps me get the hang of a certain game, for mapping I mean)...