Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pug826

my doom miniatures i painted

i'm new here, but i LOVE doom! best game ever! i got these really rare pewter doom figurines (which are very small, the pinky demon is just an inch tall) and i painted them from scratch. the pinky was my first ever painted mini, and the cyberdemon was my 3rd.

thank you! the cyberdemon took me at least 2 weeks to do, and the pinky demon took around 12 hours, but it was fun, and i will be painting more, provided if i can get my hands on some!

Wow two weeks for the cyb? Thats crazy. 12 hours isn't exactly short either. They both came out really good.

If you do happen to paint more, please show!

sure! any more i get and paint i will be sure to post up here! thanks for the comments!!

Dude its an awesome paint job...keep up the good work and please post here if you can get your hand on some more.I know you will anyway like you said above :P

The teeth and claws of the demon could have been made a bit more yellowish IMO, but other than that great job!

Vader said:

The teeth and claws of the demon could have been made a bit more yellowish IMO, but other than that great job!

Heh maybe it brushes its teeth?

Awesome job there pug826. I am just wondering if you made those miniatures your self... or not. I was just thinking of how awesome they would be in some sort of table top game. Again Great job! :)

thanks! i did not make them myself. i wish i was that good though. they are very rare and made by reaper miniatures, and i believe that the pinky demon has stats for a tabletop game. i know the cyberdemon doesn't, which is dumb because the cyberdemon is really the only one you would WANT to have stats for, because it would own everything else. the figures were just pewter, and i applied a black primer, and started carefully brush painting from there.

Looking at that Demon statue makes me wonder where to find a good Doom-into-Quake mod.

I like the Demon's paint job the best out of the two; I think the darker shade makes him look a lot more menacing than the bubblegum pink seen in the game. The Cyberdemon's paint job seems a bit too clean and/or pale/washed out to me--I like the work on the flesh around his exposed spine though. A darker black wash on his cyber parts, and possibly a transparent gloss overcoat, would give them a more metallic look.

I found this with Google (I didn't paint it)--this is a good example of what I was trying to explain in the previous post regarding making the metal look more realistic:

Perhaps, though iron and steel can also look more opaque, especially if they aren't polished or new. This other cyb though looks too shiny all over, like using oil on its skin, I guess he's at a body building contest :p

lol he is a bit shiney. too much glaze. yeah i couldn't really make the metal shiney, i had no glaze or anything, plus i wanted it to look corroded. i thought about painting rust as well. if this other cyberdemon is at a body building contest... he would win.