Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Intel17

Let's have a day of DOOM!

So, I was searching ZDaemon for some nice servers the other night, and quite frankly, it seems that there aren't too many players playing "classic" DOOM and DOOM II. So, I was wondering if you guys, this weekend, would like to establish a Doomworld "day of DOOM", where we all start a bunch of co-op servers and spend the whole day playing through DOOM, DOOM II, and Final DOOM together?

Jodwin said:

I think most people find the iwads too easy to be any fun in coop.

Even Final DOOM?

Jodwin said:

I think most people find the iwads too easy to be any fun in coop.

kaiser_14.wad will make anyone on co-op grow chest hair.

The idea is good, but people might want different wads as opposed to the standard iwads.

Inferno said:

The idea is good, but people might want different wads as opposed to the standard iwads.

Makes me think that we would have to use a "Community Built" wad for this...(hint, hint).

Prince of Darkness said:

Makes me think that we would have to use a "Community Built" wad for this...(hint, hint).

Since official iwads have been played a million times.....

Just hop onto a server and wait while you're reading a book or something, as you can always hear people join. People do join plain DOOM and DOOM II (or TNT and Plutonia) Coop servers, anyway.

Coop is more fun when there are actually consequences, like not being able to respawn

I always wanted to do something like a co-op speedrun contest. See which team could conquer all 4 episodes / 32 levels in the fastest time.

jval said:

Since official iwads have been played a million times.....

They're not any more played out than dwango5, and for some reason people keep wanting to play that ONE SINGLE LEVEL.

Ralphis said:

Coop is more fun when there are actually consequences, like not being able to respawn

Problem being limited ammo/health (because other players are stealing them) and lag. :(

Ralphis said:

This is how Survival mode works. I was playing in a survival server the other day, and I was the LAST PERSON ALIVE! Then I died.

It's hard to finish a level with this mode.

Or are we talking about ZDaemon?

I'll play more coop on Zdaemon when all of these bugs will be fixed.

I'd love a day of doom but i play skulltag and don't like Zdaemon so fuck me X_X