Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord_Z

merging monsters

I am having a bit of trouble with adding new monsters, im sure there is an easy answer but I have not been able to figure it out.

After some playing around i was able to get new monster wads into my map but i want to reduce the number of files that the monsters take up. I tried to merge monster2.wad into monster1.wad together but the first one lost his sounds.

Is there anyway to merge a few monsters together but keep them in working order, like I said before, the answer is probably very simple and ill feel dumb for putting out there but its worth some opinions.

Lord_Z said:

I tried to merge monster2.wad into monster1.wad together but the first one lost his sounds..... Is there anyway to merge a few monsters together but keep them in working order ....

If there is duplication in any of the "definitions" of the monsters (e.g., names, sounds, etc.) one set will be overwritten by the other, and you'll end up with only one set of "complete" monster definitions. The best way is to manually check to see if there is duplication, and if there is, pick the set you prefer and copy only that set over into your wad (or re-write the definitions). Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no easy way to do what you want.

Thanks, ill check for that. Im going to keep playing around to see if i can get some kind of result.