Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever wanted to abuse the limits with new textures, that some projects give to you? Or just felt like wasting your precious time?

using this little 'painting map' you can 'draw' pixels in the 'image' in a ..relaxed way

paintbase.zip

use the Doombuilder 3D mode (or slade) and copy and paste 'pixels' from the palette to the 'image'. you can use the Doombuilder texture floodfill function too, though it only ofcourse colors a horizontal row

If you're really bored you might end up drawing something like this

shot from my map in map in 32in24-6, the character is aap by kayer, more of it here

feel free to do whatever you want with the paintbase.wad, Its possible that someone else might have thought of the same drawing method, as its not too complicated.. so you naturally ofcourse dont have to credit me for anything you draw with this blank image map.

share your doom2 texture 'drawings' in this thread if you happen to make one

Liberation said:

Jeez i cant remember ever seeing smileys on DW..

there isn't, only on Post hell. what he's using is from another forum entirely. Which is what I sometimes do, but the n00bs don't know how to do that, and as they are the most likely to use them, we're saved from ocular rape.

However, there's no better emoticon than

Steeveeo said:

Abusive smilies aside, is there any real use for this wad?

Does everything have to have a real use? Can't something be just useless but potentially fun? No? Go away. :-(

Jodwin said:

Does everything have to have a real use? Can't something be just useless but potentially fun? No? Go away. :-(

Fun is a use...

Jodwin said:

Fun is a use...

EDIT: Holy crap howd my post duplicate...

Mods please delete this secondary post.

Steeveeo said:

Fun is a use...

EDIT: Holy crap howd my post duplicate...

I can think of worse ways to spend an hour.

Been there, done that - felt like an idiot. :-/

Aw damn, at first I thought this was some ZDoom wad where you could select colors from a palette and draw on those walls. :(

EarthQuake said:

Aw damn, at first I thought this was some ZDoom wad where you could select colors from a palette and draw on those walls. :(

Wait....it's not? :(