Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

Revenant Sketch

http://coopersville.deviantart.com/art/Revenant-Sketch-79538600

I took like fifteen minutes to do this up, just to get the feel of drawing one of these down again. I want to do a better real drawing of one; one that's more gory, with like his intestines laying inside the hips-- A 'fresh' looking Revenant, I guess. I did it with black pen to sort of resemble the way I did a Baron of Hell drawing a while back. So, yeah, assuming I don't get lazy, expect a real Revenant drawing some time soon.

I put a light layer of brown over the drawing to... I don't know, make it ancient looking. If you just want the vanilla version, here.

It looks good. It would be cool if you did do a detailed drawing. Basing it off of the sketch is a good idea.

I like how he is sort of creepily hunched over (or is that just me? heh).

He's a little hunched over, but there isn't much neck to show because I want to draw one with bulkier armor close to what they have in Doom 3. I think having a skinny skeleton neck sticking out makes the Revenant look weak, and unthreatening, so I want to cover that up with armor.

Before I do anything with some actual effort and detail, I'm going to google up some images of skeletal stucture, and the Revenant itself, to prevent it from looking odd.

Weak and unthreatening? You must be joking. This is the scariest thing I've seen on DeviantArt in about a year. I think it's visually more effective than the Baron pic, and certainly less comic-bookish. Great work.

Looks awesome. I really liked the Baron of Hell you did; I look forward to seeing what you do with the Revenant in a finalized/color piece.

that rev looks sweet. I wouldn't want to turn a corner and run in to that. the sketch quality makes it look even creepier than a fully detailed and colored one.

This is the best rendering of the Revenant I've ever seen. I much prefer it over the original (which I've never liked).

Excellent work, Coopersville.

Trilinear said:

This is the best rendering of the Revenant I've ever seen. I much prefer it over the original (which I've never liked).

Excellent work, Coopersville.

I second that. This is far more hellish and demonic than the original.

I never really liked the Revanant all that much. but you added something to it, that makes it more appealing. awesome sketch.