Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Asian themed maps

Recommended Posts

I wonder there's any Asian (Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese/etc) themed maps since I already know that map 3 from Deus Vault II is one of them and I wonder if there's any others?

Share this post


Link to post
caco_killer said:

Your best bet for Asian themed maps is with the game Shadow Warrior. That game has tons of them.


Yeah but the game is racist and portrays Asian cultures inaccurately in a derogatory/stereotypical way.

Share this post


Link to post
Afterglow said:

What was never released?


He might find screenshots on the page and wait for the release date.

Somebody should try to contact them. Looked really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Nightmare Doom said:

Yeah but the game is racist-

racĀ·ism

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

The game parodies cultures and stereotypes and is essentially making fun of itself in this regard. Calls of racism is oft overused and misplaced, which is unfortunate considering how volatile racial discussions can become.

The game may be crass, crude and vulgar, among other things, but I doubt it's truly 'racist'.

Share this post


Link to post
iori said:

The game may be crass, crude and vulgar, among other things, but I doubt it's truly 'racist'.

it does offend me however and i agree with nightmare doom

infact that's why there won't ever be a SW sequel


Legend of the Seven Paladins is better. 1994 yes but it does have damn fine art. It's also developed in Taiwan and not by a bunch of yellow fever'd americans trying too hard to win the audience.

Share this post


Link to post

Shadow warrior offends with with it's inablity to tell the player what the hell is going on. Most of the BUILD engined games are similar, and it's also far too easy to die in them. What's with that boss in Duke Nukem that shoots strings of bouncing exploding projectiles at you, one of which will probably kill you, while you dodge around in a tiny alcove trying to return fire with a rocket launcher and probably killing yourself in the process. Then the same monster turns up in later maps in severely castrated form and can be killed with a shotgun. With Doom you know where you are. Apart from that, no i don't know of any other "asian" themed wads. Nor ones set in Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kzyrgyzstan, Pakistan, India etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

Apart from that, no i don't know of any other "asian" themed wads. Nor ones set in Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kzyrgyzstan, Pakistan, India etc etc.


I think there is some out there or someone should make one.

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

Shadow warrior offends with with it's inablity to tell the player what the hell is going on. Most of the BUILD engined games are similar, and it's also far too easy to die in them. What's with that boss in Duke Nukem that shoots strings of bouncing exploding projectiles at you, one of which will probably kill you, while you dodge around in a tiny alcove trying to return fire with a rocket launcher and probably killing yourself in the process. Then the same monster turns up in later maps in severely castrated form and can be killed with a shotgun. With Doom you know where you are.

Yeah I didn't like SW either back when I sucked at playing it.

Share this post


Link to post

deathbringer said:
Apart from that, no i don't know of any other "asian" themed wads. Nor ones set in Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kzyrgyzstan, Pakistan, India etc etc.

Scientist2 has some Russia/USSR-themed levels.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×