Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

[Community Project] Last Man on Earth - Universal Texture Pack Update

Would anyone be willing to resume or join the Last Man on Earth project?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would anyone be willing to resume or join the Last Man on Earth project?

• Yes
    • No

I need a fix on texture FAC_WM01. For some reason i have to off set the texture by 57 units Y just so that it will show up right. If you need pictures to back up this claim let me know. (PS. I'm having the hospital level start in the parking garage of the building)

It would be swell to see screenshots of what y'all are constructing as the time progresses.
I'm convinced that many of them will simply make me drool :)

Well then, here is my first primitive preview of the sewers. I made this map so large that DB crashed on me. :D

Testplaying it:

WOW, that's a really really large sewer system!
Thank goodness that the automap feature is always there to save the day. Without it I'd be lurking around that sewer in circles for probably longer than an hour.
I mean, it appears so symmetrical from a top-down view that navigation would be difficult.

And I've always loved the appearance of sloped surfaces in the DOOM engine. :)

it looks nice, but i'd recommend making some larger areas/rooms and keeping the maze-like tunnel-system a bit smaller.

when i have more time, i'd like to work on a map for this.

here's part 1 of the hospital textures for LME02. There will be two more sets to come, then they'll be ready for use

@glaber, i'll send you your resource wad in a PM either tomorrow or tuesday

Thanks, and I'll continue work on the structure.

Edit: I may need some restroom door textures.

I'm gonna make the maze harder. My thought is to randomize the start and exit locations each time when you play the maze. That and ofcourse add some rooms and hidden areas.

The plan is to make a level where the player is hunted and has to run like hell to avoid being killed.

Hey what city are this btw? Do you have a full map of it? I was thinking about createing signs showing what area in the town you're in.

jobro, I really dont know what city i want to put this in. My inspiration for textures and setting comes from the movie "Cloverfield." I live in a rural area and have only ever been to a large city once, that was Chicago. I've been to Denver a few times, but its nowhere near as large as Chicago. Another thing to consider is that a lot of people here aren't from the states, so a City in Europe would look a lot different than a City in the US because most large European Cities are hundreds of years older than those in the US. I want to vary the locations and settings of the maps as well. I'll post some map suggestions in a bit

Ok, I did a little thinking and I think the best setting for this would be a New England Coastal City, so if you've ever been to Boston or New York City, that would be a a good source for inspiration.

i am unable to download the textures. it would be kind if you would send them to me, please.

By the way, are you planing to add some custom mosters or weapons? I know people here arent big fans of custom weapons/monsters, but since its for GZDooM which have complete DECORATE support...
From Tormentor667 bestiary I would suggest following ones:

And most of Zombie variants, since its city oriented wad. At least Super shotgun Zombie and Rocket launcher zombie.
And for weapons, I would like to see some king of grenade weapon - either KDiZD grenade launcher or my hand grenade. Also BFG and Plasma rifle will look weird in casual city areas, replacing them could improve the overall atmosphere.

I made a zombie shooting pistol rounds, random amount of rounds and random delays between the shots. I don't have the code, but I know how I did it. So recreating it wouldn't be very hard. Not easy either, but I sure could revamp it for this project.

I also made a stalking zombie, it moved fast and when it got very close to you it fired a series of very acurate sounddamped shotgun rounds at you. No growling noises, no breeth, just a silent killer sneaking up behind you doing it's task. Very hard to defeat if you don't spot it.

I think I shall start mapping. I'll need the textures designated for "Ruins". Are they done or in progress? No pressure for you at all, by the way.

jobro said:

I also made a stalking zombie, it moved fast and when it got very close to you it fired a series of very acurate sounddamped shotgun rounds at you. No growling noises, no breeth, just a silent killer sneaking up behind you doing it's task. Very hard to defeat if you don't spot it.

I'd recommend against using this. I'm not a fan of being killed from behind by nearly undetectable enemies.

BTW, I've got some experience with DECORATE coding, so since Dark Plutonia prevents me from mapping for this project, I could possibly provide an additional enemy if there aren't enough already. =)

I have made a selection of monsters I think I want to use, i'll post them later. I think I want to limit the number of custom monsters. Another thing I was considering is adding a weapons mod i've been working on for a long time to this. However, I will post the monsters and see if people approve.

I'd recommend against using this. I'm not a fan of being killed from behind by nearly undetectable enemies.

I was thinking about having at least a few in the nightmare skill in the sewers. For the more skilled players.

Is it okay if I create an power plant on an hot planet I sort got that on my mind right now, I leave the custom monster discussion to you guys I'm fine with anything you guys pick.

dutch devil said:

Is it okay if I create an power plant on an hot planet

The project's title is Last Man on Earth, so the levels are going to have to be on earth.

dutch devil said:

Is it okay if I create an power plant on an hot planet I sort got that on my mind right now, I leave the custom monster discussion to you guys I'm fine with anything you guys pick.

ok, well, this is the "Last Man on Earth" and it is an attempt to create urban/industrial levels. I could make textures for a sunset or something with lots of reds to give the "hot" feeling, but I'd like to keep this all on earth.

Are you accepting customized weapon sprites? I'm editing the original ones right now for practice, and you can use them in this if you want.
EDIT: And hell yeah to that blood demon.

Jim Rainer said:

Are you accepting customized weapon sprites? I'm editing the original ones right now for practice, and you can use them in this if you want.
EDIT: And hell yeah to that blood demon.

I am actually putting together a weapons mod right now. I'll post it here when its done, but I think we might want to use it. I'll let everyone decide. If no one wants to use it, I'll release it as an add on to the final project.

Something also to consider is that we need music. I want to have new and original music, however synsynth wont do anything for me. and sigvatr's too much of a jerk to get him to do it for me.

EDIT: ok I think I want to use the ones I posted, but I also want to have some zombie variations (railgun, plasma, etc) too. but the ones I posted for sure.

@neoworm, not to put you down, but I dont particularly care for some of the ones you posted. I think the only imp variant I want is the Shadow from KDiZD. But I think the poison soul would do nicely. I'll post a final list later

Due to my relentless schedule, I will have little to no time to produce textures. This means that I won't have everyone's texture packs done until mid-June at the earliest.

I will be systematic in my texture making, so I'll start with the first maps and work until the last ones.
This list below will be updated with the current status of the textures for each map. When the map pack is done, I will post a link to the texture wad on it.

LME00 - Slums - 10%
LME01 - Sewers - 10 %
LME02 - Hospital - 20 %
LME03 - Church - 0%
LME04 - Office District - 0%
LME05 - Factory - 90%
LME06 - Warehouse - 50%
LME07 - Subway - 100% (link coming when I have time)
LME08 - Power Plant - 0%
LME09 - Docks - 0%
LME10 - Mine - 10%
LME11 - Missile Silo - 100%
LME12 - Ruins - 0%
LME13 - Hell on Earth - 0%

Just out of curiosity, what type of weapon mod are you making, a full-fledged one complete with scripting and all that, or an aesthetic one?
As for zombie variants, check out wildweasel's diaz wad. If you get permission from him, I'm sure you could use those.

Jim Rainer said:

Just out of curiosity, what type of weapon mod are you making, a full-fledged one complete with scripting and all that, or an aesthetic one?
As for zombie variants, check out wildweasel's diaz wad. If you get permission from him, I'm sure you could use those.

It's full fledged mod, all the guns reload. Its actually based on a Duke-Nukem 3D weapons mod, since the graphics were pretty available.

So um . . . since it appears you're pretty good at this texturing thing, is there any chance you could churn out some hi-res versions of some of the original Doom textures?